EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

IMG_8894.JPG
I definitely haven’t cut it any slack at all. First time I’ve left a lanyard pin in one tho. Got the idea from your small 21

I ended up dabbing a little CRK grease in with my pin as it rattled a little without. Love the pop of color it adds! I Haven't had the balls to carry it to work yet though with my greasy oilfield mechanic hands.o_O id be more comfortable w a PJ for work.

R1OEfaz.jpg

View attachment 1210671

I ended up dabbing a little CRK grease in with my pin as it rattled a little without. Love the pop of color it adds! I Haven't had the balls to carry it to work yet though with my greasy oilfield mechanic hands.o_O id be more comfortable w a PJ for work.
Yea I used a little super glue to silence to rattle. I’ve never owned a wood inlay crk, part being idk if it’d be too nice to use. I’m sure I’d get over it and use it tho. The first scratch during the honeymoon stage still stings me a little but after that I’m good. Love a good beat up wore in crk. PJ is a good start for a user. That was my first. Micarta inlay is real good too. Helps hide scratches and the stonewashed blades really help hide them

I got a Socom Elite Auto last week and wasn't thrilled about the auto action. There's no really good way that I can find to grip the handle while firing w/o feeling like it'll jump out of my hand. Most other autos have the clip oriented tip up so I can stabilize the knife with my finger tips on the clip while firing but this is tip down only. Part of the reason is that it has a very strong spring and it kicks like a mule. That brings me to closing the knife. It's difficult to do one handed because the spring is so stiff.

BUT...

When it's open, it feels amazing in hand (I wear sz LG gloves) and I love the tanto blade and the philosophy behind the grind. I like the grip and blade so much I jumped on a manual being sold by a fellow member here. I plan on making this a user so a lightly fondled example for a significant discount from new was a no brainer.

fTUbFcP.jpg
Just one guy's opinion of course, but for me the Delta is THE Socom to own, in part because of the tip up CRK clip setup.

2btO4ABh.jpg

rlLbC6ih.jpg

v47AguPh.jpg

ealDlkrh.jpg

Dcdavis Dcdavis and Edgeoflife Edgeoflife , I know where you're comin' from with your wood-inlayed CRKs. I can't bear to carry my cocobolo pre-Idaho with its polished finish and it's a drawer queen. Lots of good choices for work users among Chris Reeves, though. As you mentioned, PJs are great...

0WcP8da.jpg

...but even better with one side CF.

qqkNYCd.jpg

Stonewashed for sure, but yeah, Micarta inlays make for a great full grip...

akQDfhi.jpg

mlExbJB.jpg

...and the purchase on a Wilson Combat is just amazing.

zYXnDNo.jpg

nGgL3W3.jpg

Today, though, I had a medical appointment this morning. J and I ran errands after and I picked up a couple sheets of lead-coat copper while we were down that way, so I went with a more discreet, dressier carry. J's bringing in her plants ahead of any frost, stockpiling them on the deck, so I used them for a couple knife pics on this wet day before we headed out.

VM6YW9T.jpg

8hV2SIl.jpg

When I got this Ebony, I had full intentions of making it a work knife for my plumbing job. Mainly because of the loose pattern raindrop. But it's grown on me and I carry it for my plant job and casual carry. I have used it on plumbing jobs, but not the dirty ones.

p03XhvR.jpg

What a sweet knife. Are they making anything like that still? I am assuming it is an automatic
His version is a manual. Looks like Deltas are out of production. I think the Socom Elite manual is a better knife than the auto version. The manual flicks open almost as fast as the auto and closes easiliy with one hand. One of the reasons I love Benchmade axis locks is the ability to quickly flick open, use it and flick close.

And since this is a pic thread...
256KY1e.jpg

Back