EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

jn1eJs9.jpg

At some point, I decided that I don't like extra holes in the handles of my knives (I accept lanyard/fob holes because I recognize the utility, even if I don't generally use them). I have a couple of older knives with holes, and they don't bother me...but I wouldn't even consider buying them, now. It's disappointing, because there are knives I WANT; but the makers are apparently quite fond of holes (Brad Zinker, for example - I've given up on finding an Urban Trapper without holes...yes, I know about the Boker+ version)

Now, back on track.
I haven't decided what I'm carrying today; but it's almost time to wander out, so I might as well make the decision.
Back in a few with a picture

Edited to add:
5OsBlz5.jpg

**edited again, to also add the holey knives I mentioned.
(I don't understand why I'm okay with these, vs new knives with holes...maybe just because I've had them for nearly 20 years?)
CfI1LC3.jpg

(I couldn't help myself when I saw the paper - it just wanted to be included)

How does the K2 carry? It's a big knife which has kept me away... but the K1 isn't any smaller and the K3 looks like an alien knife, K4 is kind of cool but Im still kind of drawn to the K2

View attachment 1218255

The keen is fantastic imo and one of my favorites. I haved owned 3 and still own 2 including the smooth and portals version in bronze sw. I like both but prefer the portals look slightly. (Traded the smooth gray keen for a spydiechef user). Bronze sw finish looks good and hides scratches/snails well. The knife itself made by WE is super smooth on ceramic bearings, a good size, not too heavy, great blade shape, pretty thin bte, easy lockbar disengage (so fidget friendly), milled clip works pretty good, and overall looks very nice imo as most Laconico designs do being Simplistic, elegant, and minimalistic, as well as highly functional. I highly recommend grabbing one!

Thanks I'm hoping there will still be some selection when I pay off my XM's I bought on impulse haha. I want a Reate/pena Rhino too at some point.

I also have the BM 581. Mine is deassisted. The blade is now very slicy sharp. I wish the handle was a bit lighter. Did replacing the stand off with back spacers reduce the weight any? Where did you get the standoffs?
Sorry I missed your inquiry. I did that work on my Barrage several years ago and couldn't specifically recall where I got the standoffs, but I found a dated receipt in my computer files that ties to USA Knifemaker then found the email receipt on my old laptop. Here's what I got--
Stand Off .182" x .165" Threaded 2-56
I've never considered the Barrage to be particularly heavy, but certainly taking out the backspacer and locking mechanism lightens the knife.

I think he got them at KnifeKits? ChazzyP ChazzyP
I got my standoffs at Ti Connector.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...carrying-today.1573161/page-546#post-18934345

I did get standoffs for my Crooked River at KnifeKits (ever-so-slightly too long that don't affect appearance or function) and they're a good source too.

How does the K2 carry? It's a big knife which has kept me away... but the K1 isn't any smaller and the K3 looks like an alien knife, K4 is kind of cool but Im still kind of drawn to the K2
I think it carries quite nicely - I don't notice it until I reach for it. Frankly, I think it carries better than the large inkosi.
I hadn't bought a folder in almost a year when I came across the K2 on the exchange; and it basically owns my pocket, now. (When I go weeks at a time without posting in this thread, it's because I'm still carrying the K2 and my blue handled fixed blade. I don't feel compelled to routinely swap those two knives out - it's typically more a case that I realize how long its been, or I notice this thread in New Posts, after which I make the decision to carry other stuff for a while. After a week or two, I end up with the K2 in my pocket again, like today, and it just stays there til the next time)

for size comparison purposes (sorry about the lighting):
Y6BQSEl.jpg

s9zU0oF.jpg

p8MbE5t.jpg

Having been reminded of and mentioning my modded and largely unrecognizable BM551 the other day in response to Petunia D. Feeble Petunia D. Feeble 's very cool "Benchmade 940..sort of" I went to the knife boxes today and picked out my Wilktilian for today,s carry. I re-profiled its S30V blade to a stupidly sharp polished edge. It's not particularly thin stock nor a full grind nor really thin behind the edge, but it's still a helluva good cutter.

TUsoRmu.jpg

dufzqnr.jpg

lOikGoJ.jpg

Thanks I'm hoping there will still be some selection when I pay off my XM's I bought on impulse haha. I want a Reate/pena Rhino too at some point.

I actually purchased all 3 of my keens off the exchange all in like new condition and they are always available on mass drop just depending on which versions that are not sold out currently so no problem grabbing one when you're ready to do so.

I think it carries quite nicely - I don't notice it until I reach for it. Frankly, I think it carries better than the large inkosi.
I hadn't bought a folder in almost a year when I came across the K2 on the exchange; and it basically owns my pocket, now. (When I go weeks at a time without posting in this thread, it's because I'm still carrying the K2 and my blue handled fixed blade. I don't feel compelled to routinely swap those two knives out - it's typically more a case that I realize how long its been, or I notice this thread in New Posts, after which I make the decision to carry other stuff for a while. After a week or two, I end up with the K2 in my pocket again, like today, and it just stays there til the next time)

for size comparison purposes (sorry about the lighting):
Y6BQSEl.jpg

s9zU0oF.jpg

p8MbE5t.jpg

Interesting, thanks for the comparison.

Well it FINALLY came ten minutes ago!

3oiKD0D.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm probably going to return it. Ergos just don't work for me. :(
SHEET man, that handle is the only one that kicked me out from my "how the hell everyone says that ergos are important, jeez, i dont cut wood with my knife, so any handle is ok".
This one is strange. It's like that sword from Blade movie. Made for owner, and no one could pick it. You pick it and are like "wtf is this thing?! It can t be something for a human hand?"

Last edited:
Back