Element Series

JK Knives

Like any JK Handmade O1 steel knife, the Element O1 will stand up to any use or crazy abuse. The EO1 is a no frills all purpose knife made with the craftsmanship that is the trademark of all JK Handmade Knives. It is designed small to carry easily, and like fire and water, this is an Element to carry.

Check out this link to see the JK O1 being tested to the extreme.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ves-Torture-Test-Passaround!?highlight=Viktim

Food....check
Water....check
Shelter....check
Element O1 knife.....check
YES....a great knife is that important !
and the Element O1 is that great knife that won't break the bank

The Element O1 is ground from a bar of O1 high carbon tool steel, in my shop in Mokena, IL , This steel is found on many of the finest
custom knives and only very rarely on any " factory built knife. I use no water jets, I use no preformed blanks, these knives are made entirely in my
shop from bars of steel sourced from the US .

O1 Steel is tough, sharpens easily and holds an edge better than nearly all production knife steels in this price range.

I heat treat these blades in my own shop to a Rockwell hardness of 58-59, which my many many knife customers over the years tell me is just
right for edge retention and sharpen-ability.
The blade design on either Element 01 knife is a classic drop point 3" long and 1" tall, 1/8" inch thick with a wicked sharp saber grind. . This grind makes for a very strong knife with a rigid spine and is a wonderful all purpose grind that has an easy to maintain edge.

Black micarta handles are standard on the Element O1 and provide a durable and comfortable grip. One solid and one hollow aluminum handle pin locks the micarta handle in place and provides for a lanyard attachment

The Element Series comes standard with a riveted and molded Kydex sheath of my own making.

To keep your cost low, the Element O1 comes in only two sizes:

The easy to carry, never leave home without it, EDC Element O1 (Every Day Carry) with 3" all purpose drop point blade and 3-1/2" handle

or

Hunter Model Element O1 with the longer, hand filling 4" handle and the same great drop point blade design that is
loved by hikers, hunters and anyone who plays and works in the great outdoors.

The Specs:

EO1 EDC - 6 1/2" overall, with a 3" drop point blade, of 1/8" thick O1 steel

EO1 Hunter - 7" overall, with a 3" drop point blade, of 1/8" thick O1 steel

Comparison Photos

Last edited:
These are also available in semi wharncliff, full wharncliff, clip point, and Bowie style blades, at no extra cost.

If we order, when would these be shipping?

this is a great post John. and what a great price! :eek:

Special use, EDC WHARNCLIFFE.
Notice lack of ricasso, sharp all the way back to handle for use as a scraper. Love this knife, has done lot's of work and has seen abuse that would have rendered many knives done for! Need a new sheath tho because I lost he original! Knife stays under the counter at work and is used every day. One of my employees has what I believe is the first Hunter EO1 with drop point and is crazy about it also.

Attachments

• eo1 wharncliffe.jpg
    eo1 wharncliffe.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Is it possible to do a full grind on a Semi Wharnie?

You drive a hard bargain Mr. K.

Put me down for a semi-wharny E01 Hunter. :D

Ill email you the details.

AN E01 EDC SW (HaHa my initials) has been on my want list for a couple months now. Email with details on the way.

Last edited:
If anybody wants one, order soon, the price increase goes into effect February 1st!

These are a fantastic value.

531522363f75b114fda22d8503774fdb.jpg

Jeff

I would like one of these in the larger "Hunter" size. Standard equipment, drop point blade (like in the OP) and kydex sheath. Are the prices the same as the OP?

Message sent.

Sent from my electronic multi-tool.

Last edited:
Back