Elementalknives review?

Hey guys, so I was really curious if anyone here owns an elemental knives blade...for those of you who don’t what that is, it’s a knife website where they make replica knives of the CSGO video game which oddly enough I have never played, anyway I own a couple of knives from their website, they are made for display as the website tells you, but i wouldn’t mind carrying a folder that they sell, I believe it’s called the flip knife...but my point with all this other than seeing if anyone has checked them out is would it be ideal for carrying...I just want hear your opinions..the flip knife I have feels really solid and not cheap at all...it’s just a stainless steel blade...but it wasn’t that bad for the price of 39$...in my opinion...but any thoughts anyone?...

I'm not directly familiar with Elemental Knives but I'm a nerd who enjoys replica blades. Please be clear on one point, these replica blades are for LOOKING AT only. Don't confuse them with a functional tool. Once you're cool with that, if a replica blade gives you pleasure, go for it and enjoy it!

If you're looking for a functional tool that looks like something from a video game or movie, that's a totally different issue. I just want to make sure you're clear on that before this thread goes any further. There are lots of knowledgeable, helpful people here who can help you with that request.

Good luck and have fun!

So the knives on the Elemental Knife website are for display only?

I would say they are absolutely just for display.

I looked up their knives and can positively tell you they are overpriced brightly colored versions of POS flea market knives, I've seen the exact knives with and without the same bright colors very often in the BudK catalogs under different brands.
Sometimes such knives can be functional light duty EDC blades ( I had over a hundred flea market blades at one point as a teenager ) but in general they usually suck and should be avoided when a real cutting tool is sought.

I also looked up their " flick knife " and can see it's a cheapo with a Benchmade axis lock copy and partially serrated Persian style blade, a knife which I've actually seen for $10 at a local army surplus store.
Sorry to tell you this s but you waaaaaaay overpaid for it.

This cheap stuff is usually either hit / miss or consistently horrible, if the knife seems decent to you then get some loctite to secure all screws in place and carry it ( if you don't you'll notice a loose blade missing screws within weeks )

I looked up their knives and can positively tell you they are overpriced brightly colored versions of POS flea market knives, I've seen the exact knives with and without the same bright colors very often in the BudK catalogs under different brands.
Sometimes such knives can be functional light duty EDC blades ( I had over a hundred flea market blades at one point as a teenager ) but in general they usually suck and should be avoided when a real cutting tool is sought.

I also looked up their " flick knife " and can see it's a cheapo with a Benchmade axis lock copy and partially serrated Persian style blade, a knife which I've actually seen for $10 at a local army surplus store.
Sorry to tell you this s but you waaaaaaay overpaid for it.

This cheap stuff is usually either hit / miss or consistently horrible, if the knife seems decent to you then get some loctite to secure all screws in place and carry it ( if you don't you'll notice a loose blade missing screws within weeks )
I totally agree with you, it’s purpose for display...but like I said oddly enough it feels solid...I own some cheap knives so I know one when I see one or when I pick one up...but this is a very sturdy little knife...but yeah I might do the loctite idea...

From the website. If they can't even line up text on their webpage, I'm gonna say their knives may not be the best quality, that is unless the blade material is sharp, and the sharpness is frame lock.

Screenshot_20171219-064140.png

I looked up their knives ....

If you looked up their knives then you wouldn't have to "say" they are just for display....you could state it as fact....they say it right on their website...

Q: Are these knives real or digital?
A: The knives we have available are all real knives with steel blades. All of the knives we make are for collection or display purposes only.

Last edited:
... i wouldn’t mind carrying a folder that they sell, I believe it’s called the flip knife...but my point with all this other than seeing if anyone has checked them out is would it be ideal for carrying...I just want hear your opinions..the flip knife I have feels really solid and not cheap at all...it’s just a stainless steel blade...but it wasn’t that bad for the price of 39$...in my opinion...but any thoughts anyone?...

You wanna use a folder that the maker says is for display only? Go for it.

I wouldn't use it with your fingers, let alone mine.

Hey guys, so I was really curious if anyone here owns an elemental knives blade...for those of you who don’t what that is, it’s a knife website where they make replica knives of the CSGO video game which oddly enough I have never played, anyway I own a couple of knives from their website, they are made for display as the website tells you, but i wouldn’t mind carrying a folder that they sell, I believe it’s called the flip knife...but my point with all this other than seeing if anyone has checked them out is would it be ideal for carrying...I just want hear your opinions..the flip knife I have feels really solid and not cheap at all...it’s just a stainless steel blade...but it wasn’t that bad for the price of 39$...in my opinion...but any thoughts anyone?...

The knives are chinese garbage knives with a paintjob. Some of them are even clones of real knives. (The folder in CS:GO is a clone of the Benchmade Bedlam)

They are essentially toy knives for display.

Edit: They should be ashamed of themselves.

I do recall a review somewhere on YouTube of a person sharpening and using one of that companies knives I think they were impressed giving their initial expectations but by no means was it a reliable edge no matter how they sharpened it. So in short if you want to use it then forget this company but if you want something "pretty" then... I still say steer clear but you won't have to worry about its functionality.

More garbage that shouldn't even be called a knife.
Usually when "knives" are made for display only, they have not heat treated the blades and the blades may not even be made of heat treatable material.

If you want something "pretty" to hang on the wall, I would suggest a nice picture of a real knife that you find visually appealing!;)

Whoever came up with "Elemental Knives" is scam artist royalty, at the level of Nigerian princes.

Push comes to shove, I have no issue with someone wanting a knife that is for "display purposes only." De gustibus.

But one runs the risk of seriously injuring themselves using it. Like "lose the use of your thumb" injuries.

And any ripoff like that is disgusting. It is taking advantage of the hard work of real people who are fellow members to make a quick buck at their expense.

Push comes to shove, I have no issue with someone wanting a knife that is for "display purposes only." De gustibus.

But one runs the risk of seriously injuring themselves using it. Like "lose the use of your thumb" injuries.

And any ripoff like that is disgusting. It is taking advantage of the hard work of real people who are fellow members to make a quick buck at their expense.
Yes, and for them to offer the knives sharp but for "collection and display purposes only" is just a sleazy way out of liability for producing an inferior product.

Yes, and for them to offer the knives sharp but for "collection and display purposes only" is just a sleazy way out of liability for producing an inferior product.

Well, in their defense, they do tell you DON'T USE THESE. If you go and use them...well...can't really blame them.

But I suppose there are folks out there eating those DO NOT EAT desiccant packets too...

I think the best thing about these kinds of knives is that it could inspire some people to seek out a quality EDC knife when they realize that these are not everything the thought they would be.

I don't see any disclaimers saying these are display knifes... only in the FAQ and if you are just buying one of these sweet, sweet blades you would never bother to look at that. They do say they use "premium stainless steel" though. Of course anyone with a bit of knowledge who sees a Rockwell of 50 is going to know this ain't a knife just a knife shaped object but their target market (and reading a few reviews) does not.

And dear god their stuff is fugly.

I have a friend that actually edcs a lot of the elemental knives folders (except for the balis and fixed blades, but that's his preference). He says that they are good blades for him, and he has a really good sharpening system. All he does is light to medium tasks, with the most being breaking down boxes. He says that they hold an edge for a long time for him, so I wouldn't imagine he breaks down too many boxes at his job. I recently turned him on to stropping, different grinds (or at least different sharpening angles), and some d2 upgrades (which means his knives will last him ages). He doesn't mind sharpening them at the end of the day, and he is a stickler for four finger hold like me, and he has bigger hands than me (that's not saying a lot haha). I guess what attracted him to them is the replica aesthetic, because he does play CS:GO. In his opinion, they are magical. In my opinion, they're not bad if you want to give a gamer a knife present, or something to start your collection off with.

Back