Elementalknives review?

I have a friend that actually edcs a lot of the elemental knives folders (except for the balis and fixed blades, but that's his preference). He says that they are good blades for him, and he has a really good sharpening system. All he does is light to medium tasks, with the most being breaking down boxes. He says that they hold an edge for a long time for him, so I wouldn't imagine he breaks down too many boxes at his job. I recently turned him on to stropping, different grinds (or at least different sharpening angles), and some d2 upgrades (which means his knives will last him ages). He doesn't mind sharpening them at the end of the day, and he is a stickler for four finger hold like me, and he has bigger hands than me (that's not saying a lot haha). I guess what attracted him to them is the replica aesthetic, because he does play CS:GO. In his opinion, they are magical. In my opinion, they're not bad if you want to give a gamer a knife present, or something to start your collection off with.
Finally someone who has some experience with them, well here’s the thing I totally agree they aren’t the premium knives such as a bench made etc. but....I can tell you this much...they are made much better than any crappy Chinese made knife, such as tac force and mtech, they definitely aren’t as good as elemental, to me the element knives folders/ flip knives are reasonable quality for a knife, again they can’t compare with any super steel knife, another good point in which I always use to tell someone why i carry a blue steel flip knife as one of my edcs is this, let’s look at the benchmade bedlam for example, it’s practically the same thing as the flip knives from elemental or vice versa, if you are familiar with the benchmade bedlam, you would know it’s not a great edc for a couple of reasons it’s made very well, the elemental can’t compare material wise, but as for design wise it’s just as good, the bedlam isn’t a great edc because it has very tactical blade on it and design, again be elemental is the same thing, it doesn’t really have a great edc idea to it, both of them to say the least, but yeah I wouldn’t mind for that reason it’s a great self defense/fighting blade, but not for edc unless it’s in your preference which in my opinion I got no problem with. Another thing that trips me out is elemental knives actually over in general, mainly because they claim that the knives are for display, yet their knives such as he flip knife in example has a clip on it and it’s comes with a sheath that has a belt loop on it......I think that they know a lot of kids like to buy their knives so they like to say their knives are for display as of way of not being held responsible for some irresponsible kid or someone, but yeah man thanks for your say in the thread...I never would have thought someone would comment on here ever again lol.

Quick update- the “real” version of the Flip knife from the game seems to be based on the Benchmade bedlam series. From the videos on YouTube it seems that these knives are liner locks, which is slightly disappointing TBH.

Holy wall of confusing text, knifeman! Save your money and buy a real knife that you can use safely. And if you don't consider the benchmade bedlam a good edc, I'm not really sure what you are looking for in a knife...

Also don't be that guy who buys a knockoff knife

Holy wall of confusing text, knifeman! Save your money and buy a real knife that you can use safely. And if you don't consider the benchmade bedlam a good edc, I'm not really sure what you are looking for in a knife...

Also don't be that guy who buys a knockoff knife
I totally understand where you are coming from man, but the bedlam isn’t a great edc because of its blade design, it’s a Persian style blade...and most knives that use that design are tactical blades....in that sense it’s not a great cutter for utility work...it’s all around not a great choice for a useful edc....same thing with the knife from elemental I would never want to carry that and have a cop ask me why I’m carrying such a aggressive looking knife that doesn’t serve much of a purpose...when I rather avoid answering a question like that and having a nice looking knife...

Quick update- the “real” version of the Flip knife from the game seems to be based on the Benchmade bedlam series. From the videos on YouTube it seems that these knives are liner locks, which is slightly disappointing TBH.
If it’s not your thing it isn’t your thing...I’m not fond of linear lock blades too...I prefer axis lock...

If it’s not your thing it isn’t your thing...I’m not fond of linear lock blades too...I prefer axis lock...
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I LOVE liner/frame locks. It was just confusing me so much looking at it and not understanding why the 'axis lock' looked so weird and didn't even function as one! :D On the upside, I can tell my friend about it and he would appreciate that little piece of trivia. (IMO material-wise, the Bedlam is a little archaic for BM for that price-point, but that's just me)

Back