Elephants in Nepal

Bawanna

Seeing on the news about major flooding in Nepal.

They sent in a squad of elephants to transport hotel guest and folks stranded by the flooding.

I had no idea they even had elephants in Nepal.......

They say you learn something everyday, I guess that was it for me today........

Not surprising, though, since Nepal borders on India. Elephants are very smart and can probably read maps, but they were here before us and they just don't care about national borders.

ellyfants are, surprisingly, very good swimmers - and yes, they can use their inbuilt snorkels. i imagine they'd be the ideal first response heavy lift equipment for areas with damaged roads and bridges. we benighted westerners should have these on hand. they cost peanuts to run....:)

surprisingly fast too!
eli.jpg

edited: oops, photo ran off. had to replace it.

Last edited:
Always wanted to be the first kid on my block to have his own ellyfant. Think it would be really cool.
Teach it tricks and stuff. Play go fetch with logs.
It could hold them up while I cut them up for fire wood, make things way more easier.

i've replaced the photo that ran away. ;)

when you get your elly, make sure you have it neutered and microchipped, have their shots and been wormed.
they prefer to live indoors, and may want to get up on the bed and sleep with y'all at night.

some of them snore too. walk them 3 times a day and keep a good supply of extra large
heavy duty garden bags as they poop - a lot.

if you are green, spread and dry it, and burn it for heating and cooking.

they make excellent watch-ellies for kids, can even give them a ride to/from school.
noboddy gonna mess with a tusker guarding her kiddies.

keep them away from the moat monsters and the dire wolves tho. they may get ideas. angry ellifants
have been known to convince them to aid in the trampling of native villages.
tantor was very prone to this if tarzan got upset or needed rescue.

and always get them from a proper registered elephant rescue agency or shelter, not an
uncaring commercial battery elly farm where they are kept in snall filthy cages, bred
young and too often and not given the love and medical care they deserve. and most important, some
communities will make you get an elephant license, and get very angry if you don't.

..and whatever you do, watch out for the unscrupulous who may try to sell you cheap elephant eggs.
they rarely are fertile, and you never know what's gonna pop out if the do hatch.

You are truly a man of wisdom. Thank you for the helpful and inciteful lessons. Things I hadn't considered being a neophyte elly seeker.

This has got me to wonderin iffen they have elephants in Corn Patch. Bookie if you got your com's on, maybe you could enlighten thee on the presence or lack there of related to elephants in your neck of the woods.
Not related to the ding a ling and ring aling bro's circus that is.

I've seen a few pink ones in my neck of the woods in the old days. Good times from what little I recall.

i recall a neighbour of mine back in texas walking around his patch of baytown banging two flat sticks together and making a heck of a racket.

i of course asked him 'what the h3ll are you doing that for it's 3 oclock and i've ot to work tomorrow'? (a.m.)

he said ' it keeps the elephants away'.

i said calmly '*********** and ********' (redacted) 'we don't have any elephants around here you ugly fat bstd!'.

he replied 'well, then. it works don't it?'

i managed not to shoot him by a major effort of will.

Help me back in the chair, you plumb knocked me over.

Gotta find me some flat sticks for when the neighbors rile me.

It's my turn to be eddycated. Thanks, Kronk. Yep. I learned something today. No, we don't have them ellyfants in Corn Patch. We do got donkeys painted up like zebras, though. Had'em imported from Tijuana, you know. I heard tell they roam wild down there and so had a couple guys from Vaqueros R Us send us a couple for breedin' stock. Now, believe it 'er not, we got anuther problem. They's been cross-breedin' with them Jackalopes that the Governmint had rounded up out in Worshington State and turned loose over here. Now believe you me, them offspring ain't pretty! Not by a long shot. Oooooo. Can you hear that racket? The wife's little loud mouthed 4 pound ball of fur with fangs has one of them treed out in the front yard as I speak. Think one of them ellyfants would come to the rescue for kith 'er kin 'er just to be nice? Ain't no way! That miniature Tyerannysoarus Rex she got skeers'em to death!....an' them donkeys keeps their mouth shut.

neighbour's got one of those velochihuahuas, kinda cute. loves chikken mc nuggets. not exactly fur tho...

Cuddles the velochihuahua
Velocihuahua.jpg

My daughter seen one of them things Kronck! She called it Velochihowhow cause she dont know spanish yet. Did you know they are directly related to the Montauk monster? If you defeather that monster kill it (kill it first is easier) and roll it up on the beach you could see what I mean!

"Montauck Monster was a Pit Bull.
I lived there when this happened. S^cks for the hype.

However it was also (most likely) delicious. Zombies prefer brain but I'm just saying...
I won't post the images... look it up.

Some images Photoshoped it to look that way.
With all the bad publicity surrounding Pitts, Suffolk county did not want to be a part of that. In fact Suffolk has a thriving "Adopt a Pitt" rescue program. (Get a Bull INC.)
Please help fund them!

Gothomist, Snoopes, Pintrest all claim to have the "Autopsy Results".

As a living, breathing, person that lived there... It was a Pitt.
I don't want to go into my personal feelings on this any more than I have.

Elephants I don't give a rats arse about but DOGS... I do

If I lived where elephants live, I'd move! (unless they BBQ'd themselves):oops:

Who started this crap?

Pibbulls are fantastic dogs! I think of elephants like I think about giant pussycats. The're cool and stuff but I wouldnt want to live very close to them.

Back