Elusive Schrades

This one was a kind addition from Dr. Roland Proctor. It's my new user example of the Schrade I*XL Commemorative based on the Texas Stock Knife Wostenholm pattern. The serial number is pretty freaky. 666-ty the Number of this bladecollectorr! :cool:

Dico6h6.jpg

I was going to start quoting a few Knives - But as I kept going back over things, I feel the need to quote each and every post!
What a Stellar Thread full of outstanding Knives!

Rob, I am not sure how and why I missed that pin replacement that Eric did on that Stunning, Stunning Whittler- but I would like to tip my Hat to Eric for doing an amazing Job on your amazing example!
Some times just the one Knife that is so impossibly beautiful in their amazing combination of Aesthetics & Build quality is really hard to take in all that it offers, Its something extremely hard to explain, but I am grateful that I am able to experience that with our friends here sharing these wonderful pieces of work.

Lloyd's two gorgeous examples of beautiful Pic Bone at it's best there!

Charlie those two early Stag Schrade Cut Co's like you say- SUPER rare! as much as I really like Dark Stag- I actually more that Like it, but ity's that Top Stag example with Popcorn Highlights and wonderful colour that keep drawing you into the knife - Just totally amazing - it really is!
I also think that Sportsman Scout is drop dead gorgeous! what a beautiful example.

Lloyd those Triplet Sibling most certainly do belong here - in fact this is their rightful place right here!

Wonderful showing everyone - thank you! :) :thumbsup:

Stainless 3 1/2" Congress; a sample knife from when Schrade Cut. Co. was introducing SS into the market!! This knife was made before Schrade introduced fine peachseed jigging!Congress SS 1.jpgCongress SS 2.jpgCongress SS 3.jpg
Single spring, half-stops; Rattail bolsters - nice knife!!

Stainless 3 1/2" Congress; a sample knife from when Schrade Cut. Co. was introducing SS into the market!! This knife was made before Schrade introduced fine peachseed jigging!View attachment 1659876View attachment 1659877View attachment 1659880
Single spring, half-stops; Rattail bolsters - nice knife!!

Beautiful congress knife!

It's very interesting to me that stainless steel took quite so long to catch on in the US. From what I understand they invented types of stainless steel pretty much simultaniously in thr US, Britain and Germany. Yet in Switzerland it was used for civilian "officer's" knives ever since 1921, in Germany it was a mixed bag, don't know how it was in Sheffield. Why didn't it become popular in the US? Were the types of steel so different? I've heard people say early American stainless can't hold an edge and just rolls?

The heart shaped stone is appropriate, it'll raise your pulse rate :thumbsup: 😍 that's an exceptional example, Charlie.
Thanks, Rob!!
I've heard people say early American stainless can't hold an edge and just rolls?
I believe they had trouble formulating and treating the early ones, ISKRA!! Inconsistent results!! I understand the Schrades were good!!
Stunning Congress Charlie- just wonderful. I too really live that Heart shaped rock. Is that petrified Wood?
The striped one is tiger-eye, Duncan. Can't remember the yellow one?? Duh!!

I've posted these quite a while back!! Nice handy knives with French Ivory handles advertising Flower Delivery service!! Unused, these came from a salesman's pouch, with patterns inked on them!!SchradeFlowers.jpgSchradeFlowersB.jpg
Here's an odd one from a different group - note the grain in the French Ivory goes the other way!! Strange to my eye!!Schrades of July 2010 Perp Fr. Ivory.jpg

Back