Emerson CQC 7

I like the knife and the company... I think most of Emersons knife designs are some of the best ergonomically shaped handles in the knife world today.

... I'm not paying to make someone else rich.
You're sure about this ? :D You've being doing it for a long time I think.
Sound like "Occupy..." mentality to me but of course I could be wrong.
Emersons worth as much as the customer is willing to pay for them, there are no other options for less money because they will not be Emersons.

I bought my CQC-7 for $120, what do you think, did I make someone rich ? It's a rhetorical question, don't bother answering,
I can't believe someone is even whining about their prices and quality here, in the review thread. From all my contacts with people that talk about those,
I found out that those that are "You Tube users" are the one that are bi7(#!ng about it and the one that are actually using those are the one that like them.
Mr Emerson is hard to find I guess because from all my visits to the SHOT show, I saw him in person only couple times but years ago I wrote a letter for a friend of mine from Europe,
that had some issues with his CQC-7 and it was addressed right away, by email and in the forum, also my personal experience with his CS trough the website is excellent, so I don't believe that if you try to contact him, he'll not respond.

This may sound like a cop-out, but if you like emerson, you understand. If you don't like emerson, so be it. You may understand and not like it or you just may not understand. I can tell you I've still got a few Spyderco knives listed for sale after I begin buying emersons. They have their place for some people. I'm not going to tell you it's the best knife ever, but it's not as bad as some folks will tell you. It's a very good knife.

Make that with green canvas micarta, zero grind edge, and an unfancy steel like 154CM or A2/O1 and I'd be very intrigued.

How about S35VN? I got some .140" ;)

Maybe, if not for the steel and the tanto point, you should try an Emerson-Kershaw collab first and see what you like about this type of knife (size, wave, lock type, design and looks...).

I'd say try out the Kershaw-Emerson CQC4XL, and if doesn't appeal to you you'll probably sell it quick on the exchange, or have a beater folder that will hold up to abuse, having spent less than 1/3rd of the CQC7's price.

Just my two cents.

Call me a luddite, but I've gotten to where I just prefer some of the older steels from my younger days.

Call me a luddite, but I've gotten to where I just prefer some of the older steels from my younger days.

I personally love working with carbon steel. I also have 154cm .187", Carbon V (enhanced 1095) .140", 440C .140", and 1084 .220".

Back