Emerson EDC, What's Yours?

Just wondering what others carry day to day. Mine is a CQC7. Striders, Sebenzas, Spydercos have all left my hands in small USPS priority flat rate boxes as this folder stayed in my pocket while other Emersons rolled in. It's my very first Emerson and I have carried it every day for probably four (?) months. It put the bug in me and I've been sick ever since:D
IMG_20140210_201745_838_zps7f196d62.jpg
IMG_20140210_201820_001_zps3b5ffae7.jpg

I always like to have a waved folder in my pockets if I'm not carrying a fixed blade. My Mini Commander served this purpose for the longest time but it is in need of some warranty work so it hasn't been carried. My CQC 10 has been filling in for the last couple of months. Phenomenal as are most Emersons.

How's the Gentleman Jim been treating you?

I love my mini commander, what's up with yours?

The 10 looks great, I've been interested in trying one out(well, I'm interested in trying ALL Emerson's out:D). What do you like best about it?

The Jim is great! I love it absolutely. Just an all around sexy knife. I got tired of it picking up junk in the scales so with a lot of time I smoothed them out. Super slick now.
IMG_20140211_141205_836_zpsf033c60d.jpg
IMG_20140211_141219_943_zpsbf23b2b5.jpg

How's the Socom brother?

I have a CQC7 (no wave) on the way. I thought I would like to give one a shot in the EDC role.

Tom

Was my EDC for 6 or 7 years and lost it a few weeks ago. Ended up replacing it with the same model but its funny the little differences with newer versions.

It was my first real knife so I was a bit ignorant of it's limitations so I waved it and wrist flicked it like crazy. The lock bar has since worn too much. There was a little up and down play with no slip for a while (which I didn't mind) but now the lock will disengage with a bit of force. Took about 2 1/2-3 years to do so, which ain't bad considering how much I carried and used it in that time. Suffice it to say I treat my knives with more respect now. I see the 10 lasting a good long while.

The 10 is a complete package. Great size and great blade shape. I think I slightly prefer the oval hole to thumb discs but don't really care either way. It is very smooth and is the best waver I have used. It oozes confidence.

I really dug the Socom. Big and light. The bearings were so fast and smooth. I generally prefer tip up but tip down worked really well on that knife. Great overall quality.
I have since traded it out though for a Protech/Emerson CQC7A. Been wanting to try another Protech and I'm a sucker for Emersons so it worked out perfect. I had a regular sized waved CQC 7B at one point and traded it out because it wasn't as ergonomic as I like Emersons to be. Just a bit wide and blocky in the fore finger. The Protech is a hair thinner and fits better in my smallish hands. Maybe a Mini would have been perfect. Anyways, I would like another Socom eventually. Perhaps the spear point next time. I can wait and carry my Emersons until then.

Oh and the Jim looks more gentlemanly with the smoothed out G10. I remember you posted a thread about your smoothed out A100, do you do that with all your Emersons?

My most carried EKI has probably been my trusty ten. I believe that one of the reasons ten's "wave" so well is the lack of thumbdisk holding the pocket away from the blade. Of course a mild twist will easily overcome that tendency, but not needed with the ten. Next closest for me in the pocket-time-derby is my first ever, a Kreined 11. I've had all sizes of 7 and frankly never liked the grip.

Great EDC's guys!:thumbup:

Seems like the CQC7 and the 10 are where it's at. Maybe I need to look into a 10:D

benchwarmer, I've only smoothed out the Jim and A100. I've thought about it on the mini commander, the 15, and one of my 7's, but one 7 is getting the Po Boy treatment and the smooth G10 only sits right for the Jim and A100 to me for some reason. If I can get ahold of a user Gypsy Jack it may very well be a candidate for getting smoothed out.

I carry my CQC-8 Jungle and Commander a lot. The CQC-8 has started to develop some blade play in both directions though, so I'm gonna have to drive it up to the showroom for some service in the next couple of weeks.

of my Emersons you'll find my cqc7V or HD7 in my pocket most frequently. If I'm doing work around the house or in the yard I typically have my cqc7bts on me.

But if we are being honest here guys - most days I'm carrying my small Wilson combat sebenza.

The last two weeks my new ETAK-B has been in my front rightpocket, before that a CQC-11 called that pocket home for about two years.

I usually carry one of these and a SAK. The CQC super 7 was carried daily for the last 7 years prior to my retirment, the CQC 7 was carried for 7 years prior to getting the super. Now I alternate them with the A100.
AD035BBE-101C-4D14-8208-E0A88AB2145C-1517-000000C6C67D1148.jpg

Mine is a cqc10 also. Unfortunately, I believe I'll be listing it for sale in the marketplace shortly. It is a very nice knife and surprisingly smooth, but i need something a bit smaller.

I've had the CQC-8 since december. It is my first Emerson and first folding knife. It took months and hundreds of openings for it to smooth out. I also cleaned it a couple times. One day it just started working. I use it everyday. Besides the long break-in period I really like the knife!

The Essentials by M%#&S, on Flickr

Back