Emerson EDC, What's Yours?

My one and only... for now
TdZDFlw.jpg

QV8jL8b.jpg

I carry a mini roadhouse from 2012, its beat to hell and sharp as the day it was made. Tanto blade is is super versatile and does anything I ask it to, love this knife.

Last edited:
I carried a Commander every day for over 20 years, and had no need to look anywhere else. But then I retired as a LE officer and suddenly couldn’t carry anything over 3” in my state.

Unfortunately none of the 3” Emerson’s I’ve handled feel as good in the hand as that Commander, so the hunt continues. I really want to find a Chopstick, since the ergonomics of that handle look decent. I’ve also considered a Bulldog, which is listed at 3.2 but whose cutting edge is only 3”.

Ive got plenty of other knives, some rather high end, but I need another Emerson!!

You can't really beat the commander. I really like the A-100 XL (the largest version of the A-100) which has a fuller blade (wide blade) and grip feels like a CQC-6 but without the tango blade. The blade to handle ratio is much greater than other emersons so it is very useful.

Just wondering what others carry day to day. Mine is a CQC7. Striders, Sebenzas, Spydercos have all left my hands in small USPS priority flat rate boxes as this folder stayed in my pocket while other Emersons rolled in. It's my very first Emerson and I have carried it every day for probably four (?) months. It put the bug in me and I've been sick ever since:D
IMG_20140210_201745_838_zps7f196d62.jpg
IMG_20140210_201820_001_zps3b5ffae7.jpg
Just wondering what others carry day to day. Mine is a CQC7. Striders, Sebenzas, Spydercos have all left my hands in small USPS priority flat rate boxes as this folder stayed in my pocket while other Emersons rolled in. It's my very first Emerson and I have carried it every day for probably four (?) months. It put the bug in me and I've been sick ever since:D

The Super7 black and the CQC-7 black serrated.

Beautiful knives, guys. I just recently took an interest in Emerson knives, thanks to Chuck. I went to just browse the knives but I see blade hq and knife center doesn't have any. Am I missing something? Did they go out of business?

They just decided to handle distribution themselves a couple years ago. More control over everything I suppose.
Gottcha man. I just read the thread about it. Very interesting.

I'm sure it's not 1/10th the quality, but maybe I'll give a Kershaw Emerson a look. I'm not familiar with a waved knife.

Back