Recommendation? Endela or Delica

Which one to get?

• Endela K390

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • Delica K390

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
Delica Size comparison https://imgur.com/a/dwBBf2O
That's the K390 Delica next to a lot of common knives if that helps. I don't have an Endela though so sorry about that.
Those other knives are Large Sebenza 21 a Spyderco Yojimbo 2 a Spyderco Manix 2 a Benchmade mini Presidio 2 a Spyderco UKPK a Spyderco Chaparral Raffir Noble and the K390 Delica is at the far right, and it's an amazing knife, slicey with great steel, tough and hard.

The Delica's blade is thinner than the Endela's. It's one of the thinner blades on the modern knives that you'll commonly see carried by people here. Way thinner than the Para 3 you've been carrying. It's better to think of the Endela as a smaller Endura than a larger Delica, because the Endela and Endura's blades are the same thickness. If you're looking to slice through things, the Delica is definitely the way to go. It's hardly scientific, but I did a comparison between my Superblue Calypso Jr and K390 Delica. The Caly's blade is thicker (although hardly what I'd call thick) but is thinner behind the edge than the Delica's. The Delica noticeably cuts through cardboard better than the Caly, which is no slouch. I've barely carried the Caly since I got my K390 Delica.

I just ordered a k390 endura the other day. Spent all weekend trying to make up my mind about either the police 4, endela, or endura. I already have a delica so....I can't wait to try some k390. I even ordered up a nice deep carry clip from lynch NW too!

Delica Size comparison https://imgur.com/a/dwBBf2O
That's the K390 Delica next to a lot of common knives if that helps. I don't have an Endela though so sorry about that.
Those other knives are Large Sebenza 21 a Spyderco Yojimbo 2 a Spyderco Manix 2 a Benchmade mini Presidio 2 a Spyderco UKPK a Spyderco Chaparral Raffir Noble and the K390 Delica is at the far right, and it's an amazing knife, slicey with great steel, tough and hard.
Thank you for the photo reference!

Delica and Endura https://imgur.com/a/wKX1Uxi
Here's the Delica next to an Endura if that helps you decide on a future K390 Endura purchase.
Thank you. You never know what the next knife purchase could end up being.

The Delica's blade is thinner than the Endela's. It's one of the thinner blades on the modern knives that you'll commonly see carried by people here. Way thinner than the Para 3 you've been carrying. It's better to think of the Endela as a smaller Endura than a larger Delica, because the Endela and Endura's blades are the same thickness. If you're looking to slice through things, the Delica is definitely the way to go. It's hardly scientific, but I did a comparison between my Superblue Calypso Jr and K390 Delica. The Caly's blade is thicker (although hardly what I'd call thick) but is thinner behind the edge than the Delica's. The Delica noticeably cuts through cardboard better than the Caly, which is no slouch. I've barely carried the Caly since I got my K390 Delica.
That's great to hear and makes me feel good about my decision. Hopefully I still find some uses for my Para 3. I have been carrying it for about a year now.

I gots mines from Bento like you, but DLT has them too.

https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-delica-4-blue-frn-k390-blade
Man I really thought I checked there. Thanks for posting. How long do things take to from Bento Box? I've never ordered through them before.

I just ordered a k390 endura the other day. Spent all weekend trying to make up my mind about either the police 4, endela, or endura. I already have a delica so....I can't wait to try some k390. I even ordered up a nice deep carry clip from lynch NW too!

I am really looking forward to trying K390 as well. I'll probably carry my delica stock for a while and then go from there. It didn't take me long before I changed everything on my Para 3.

Thank you for the photo reference!

Thank you. You never know what the next knife purchase could end up being.

Anytime, I hope you end up getting the right knife you wanted, I'm sure whichever one you choose it will be fine, full flat ground Spydercos are great, whether it's a Delica, Endela, Police, Endura etc, they are all going to be great honestly.

Any possibility you can handle both before you purchase one? Some folks have strong opinions about the handles... I need to pick up an Endela and check it out.

I'm a big fan of the Delica, and I think it's worth a try even if you end up not liking it.

I own both, a Delica K390 and an Endela K390. I really like them both, the Delica for everyday lighter tasks like cutting boxes and the Endela if I'm going to be outdoors doing harder stuff. I have small hands and if I had to pick one or the other as my only knife, it would be the Delica. The K390 steel really holds the edge and I haven't had a problem with rusting.

I've had K390 Delica in my cart on various sites, a couple with discount offers, and I just can't bring myself to click the button. I know the Delica is a great knife, and I've recommended it to a bunch of people...it's just so darned small.
I'm really just being honest with myself - I know I won't carry it; so there's no sense in buying it. (I'm trying not to buy more knives that are just going to sit here.). Still, though, there are more scale options for the Delica; and maybe I would carry it if I fancied it up a bit.

I own both, a Delica K390 and an Endela K390. I really like them both, the Delica for everyday lighter tasks like cutting boxes and the Endela if I'm going to be outdoors doing harder stuff. I have small hands and if I had to pick one or the other as my only knife, it would be the Delica. The K390 steel really holds the edge and I haven't had a problem with rusting.
Thanks. I've already pulled the trigger on the Delica. I'll report back once I get it and have some use with it.
I've had K390 Delica in my cart on various sites, a couple with discount offers, and I just can't bring myself to click the button. I know the Delica is a great knife, and I've recommended it to a bunch of people...it's just so darned small.
I'm really just being honest with myself - I know I won't carry it; so there's no sense in buying it. (I'm trying not to buy more knives that are just going to sit here.). Still, though, there are more scale options for the Delica; and maybe I would carry it if I fancied it up a bit.

I think once you make something unique to you there is more pride in using and carrying it. That's how it is for me at least. And I know a lot of people argue for longer blades but I just never seem to have a need for one unless I'm in the kitchen. But everyone is different and has different needs.

I've been only using my Para 3 so the Delica shouldn't feel too far off. I'll let you know how it goes once it gets here.

Hope you enjoy your new K390 Delica, once you start using the knife you will love it, K390 is great stuff, Delica in K390 is like the perfect work knife, cardboard boxes will run in fear.

Back