Recommendation? Endela or Delica

Which one to get?

• Endela K390

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • Delica K390

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
I didn't even know the Endela existed until I read this thread. I guess I'm behind on my knife news; I had just assumed you spelled Endura wrong lol. I like that Spyderco came out with an in between size between the Delica and Endura because I've always thought it's quite a big jump from one to the other in my opinion. Love the blue handle color!

I know a lot of people argue for longer blades but I just never seem to have a need for one unless I'm in the kitchen.
It's psychological in my case. Part of my preference for longer blades is wanting a knife that fits well in my hand...but I also carry a Buck 501 (or smaller traditional), and I'm comfortable using those for quick cuts). The Delica is big enough; but it just felt small the first time I handled one (and my fumbling due to the size contributed to the cut).
I'm sure the Delica will serve you well :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I didn't even know the Endela existed until I read this thread. I guess I'm behind on my knife news; I had just assumed you spelled Endura wrong lol. I like that Spyderco came out with an in between size between the Delica and Endura because I've always thought it's quite a big jump from one to the other in my opinion. Love the blue handle color!
That's what happens when you only carry a Bugout!
Thank you!

Realizing that I probably won't use it any more than I do the Endela, I ordered a Delica...
Why? I'd like to say that I was following my own (good) advice, since I have recommended the Delica to a number of people AND acknowledged that it is a good knife...but it might just be that I can't be trusted online in the middle of the night.

I had been leaning toward swapping in a set of zome scales; but now I'm thinking osage would actually get it in my pocket (I'm not even a little bit concerned about adding weight)

I had been leaning toward swapping in a set of zome scales; but now I'm thinking osage would actually get it in my pocket (I'm not even a little bit concerned about adding weight)

TjLeni0.jpg

Realizing that I probably won't use it any more than I do the Endela, I ordered a Delica...
Why? I'd like to say that I was following my own (good) advice, since I have recommended the Delica to a number of people AND acknowledged that it is a good knife...but it might just be that I can't be trusted online in the middle of the night.

Nice! I'm still waiting on mine to get here! It was supposed to get here yesterday but got delayed....

I am looking for a nice set of micarta scales if anyone know where to look!

The worst part about buying Spyderco is spending the cost of the knife on replacement scales, lol. Osage scales ordered from cuscadi.
Planterz Planterz I would probably have leaned toward the more subdued green
View attachment 1541907

But I've got a GEC 73 in osage, and I recently grabbed a nice little osage fixed blade from Aaron Gray...the Delica will fit right in to that group

Well it arrived today! Here is a picture of it with my Para 3.

0CjlRyB.jpg

I like it quite a bit and I feel sort of dumb not having my first Spyderco be a Delica. I know it's a smallish knife but it feels longer in the hand than my Para 3. The edge length is pretty much identical to the 3 with a nice thin blade stock.

The only fit and finish issue is that it arrived with a very small chip right in the middle of the blade. Is small enough that the first sharpening will get it out no problem.

Overall I belive I made the correct choice. Thank you all for your input!

Congrats man! I picked up my first Para 3 a few weeks ago on the exchange and was surprised by how much it's like a chubby choiled Delica- the blade and handle lengths are spot on.

Congrats man! I picked up my first Para 3 a few weeks ago on the exchange and was surprised by how much it's like a chubby choiled Delica- the blade and handle lengths are spot on.
That's a great description. The Delica does seem more streamlined.

Back