Endura/Military MOD Templar Scales

Fooling around with the Endura today! Thank you Boomer! I tried a Lynch deep carry clip to see if I liked the length on clip side to expose more of the shield. I love the shield on both sides! I also have an even shorter MXG Gear deep carry clip that would almost expose all of the shield on the clip side... Still playing, maybe a shorter, shiny version such as the regular Syderco clip that Boomer added?... Sorry for the quality of my pics, I'm not quite the photographer/craftsman that Boomer52 is!

Xv61unf.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Lynch clips and think they improve the knife in appearance and function...!

Do you happen to make this scale for the PM 2? The Shield on non clip side only would be fine.

Raymond3...

I haven't as yet attempted the inlaid shield/cross with a PM2. The PM2's compression lock is problematic for inlaid anything due to the .089" deep reverse side lock ovetravel pocket. That pocket steals a goodly amount of scale thickness and doesn't leave a whole lot of meat for a structural pocket floor for the inlay to epoxy to.

Let me play with it in CAD and see what's what. I can give you a definitive answer once I run it through my application. I might take a few days to find some time to play with it.

Steve

Thank you Steve, I see what you mean about the thickness of the PM2 on the lock side.
I will be looking forward to more of your releases.

Here is my favorite EDC. PM2 in S110v with Cuscadi scales (very nicely smoothed edges) and Blade4sale custom clip.
My fav PM2 2.jpg My fav PM2 2.jpg

Attachments

• My fav PM2.jpg
    My fav PM2.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 1
Do you happen to make this scale for the PM 2? The Shield on non clip side only would be fine.

I took this PM2 inquiry with Raymond3 to CONVERSATIONS but I felt it needed to be posted here also for others that might have a similar interest.

It looks like it can be done...!

I did the porting over of the shield/cross to the PM2 and after doing the math... I can get away with a .044" inlaid shield thickness and a .034" inlaid cross thickness and still have sufficient depth for the machined texture while still accommodating the reverse side overtravel pocket.

iQMKLnP.jpg

This looks great. Can it be done so that there are no grooves in the shield and cross?

Back