engage with the Snark — every night after dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
get all three!
IMAG0531-1.jpg

you sure you're allowed to have those in Cali? :D I thought the laws there were even worse than Jersey when it came to fun things :p

Has anyone heard from Greybush? Did he get squared up the folks that bought knives?

you sure you're allowed to have those in Cali? :D I thought the laws there were even worse than Jersey when it came to fun things :p

I have been told by several cops that anybody can walk around with a machete in a sheath on on a belt, the moment you threaten someone with it, it becomes a felony. so if you are using it as a tool you can walk around with it all day long.

I have been told by several cops that anybody can walk around with a machete in a sheath on on a belt, the moment you threaten someone with it, it becomes a felony. so if you are using it as a tool you can walk around with it all day long.

Yup, we can open carry fixed blades no problem as long as we don't conceal them. Our laws are pretty lax on folders too just no switchblades or gravity knives w/ blades over 2 inches. It's all about intent.

Well unfortunately round these parts (least where I live, not so much up at school) they kind of assume intent to do harm. Which is BS in my opinion, but the issue is probably compounded by being a shifty looking bearded almost 20 year old :D NJ (to my knowledge) don't have anything on the books against openly carrying a fixed blade knife (only that a person under 18 may not posses or purchase one) but I think NY may have something about fixed blades over a certain length.

Yeah right !! til 5 yrs ago I was native so cal and have friends in LE there... unless laws have changed for the better (which we know isn't true).. there was a 4" law.. that cop is clueless as are most LE in regards to knife laws in their state, there is NO WAY I would risk my freedom carrying around a monster blade because some cop told me it was okay, that's bad advice, period..

I know in frisco, oakland and los angeles the law is 3"...

ETA:... I kinda live by a 4" limit regardless of where I'm at, but laws can vary greatly from county to county and are so vague can be confusing to LE.. I think in any public buildings throughout the state of CA you have a 4" law limit and 2.5" in schools... Folders can be any length if concealed, so I guess if your pocket clip is exposed where it can be seen then 'legally' you could go to jail.. again knife laws are a joke and to vague to be taken to seriously (in my opinion), again I just use the 4" length philosophy everywhere I go...

Last edited:
Well unfortunately round these parts (least where I live, not so much up at school) they kind of assume intent to do harm. Which is BS in my opinion, but the issue is probably compounded by being a shifty looking bearded almost 20 year old :D NJ (to my knowledge) doesn't have anything on the books against openly carrying a fixed blade knife (only that a person under 18 may not posses or purchase one) but I think NY may have something about fixed blades over a certain length.

EDIT: never-mind after re-reading some legal material I have discovered that in either NJ or NY they can basically screw you for anything they want.

OK, flashlight-heads: Fenix LD20 or PD32 for a pocket-carry light?
Microstream! It's the Official light of the BeckerHeads.

If you want something a bit bigger... I picked up a V2 from LED Lenser for like $16 and it's DAMN impressive. Both super bright (100 lumens) and a "Night" mode of red light.

Yeah right !! til 5 yrs ago I was native so cal and have friends in LE there... unless laws have changed for the better (which we know isn't true).. there was a 4" law.. that cop is clueless as are most LE in regards to knife laws in their state, there is NO WAY I would risk my freedom carrying around a monster blade because some cop told me it was okay, that's bad advice, period..

I know in frisco, oakland and los angeles the law is 3"...

There are a bunch of gardeners that carry machetes, the only thing I now that is illegal are the asisst blades and those are only legal with a 2" blade. I've walked around with my cold steel bushman folder on my belt with a leather sheath I made. Never been questioned... I live in Tracy, ca so its kinda country with a little city life. When I lived in Campbell, ca I used to walk on a trail almost everyday with my bk7 and no one every looked at me twice

In a completely unrelated and random note:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_b39c3370-ab09-5e61-b759-d5b6b10634db.html

Half way down is where I was interviewed.

Very cool. The link and this quotation need to go in the database. Bladite?

Jared Karlin, 30, a sign language interpreter in St. Louis, began collecting knives when he was about 12. He now has nearly three dozen fixed and folding blades for which he paid a total of about $5,000.

“I’m not carrying a knife as a weapon,” Karlin emphasized. “I carry it as a tool. I use it daily for some of the most mundane stuff you can imagine — from cleaning under my fingernails, to cutting open that blister pack from the big box store, to opening the mail. I’m always finding a use for it.”

He recently used his knife to help in an emergency.

He was driving with his mother in north St. Louis County and came upon a car that had crashed into an Interstate 270 barrier.

When an off-duty firefighter asked for something with which to pry open a car window, Karlin was ready. He handed over his Becker 3, a sturdy, 7-inch fixed blade used for prying doors and breaking glass. The firefighter broke open a window, cut the victim’s seat belt and pulled him from the car. The crash victim survived.

Tactical is a verb not a noun thats why I didnt want to use that word

uhmmm... tactical is an adjective. :p

I like the looks of that Warlock. I've got an M-18 on order. And I'm really partial to my Siegle.

JK8.jpg

How cool is that?? and to have the tool (knife) specifically mentioned is off the charts...
When we got into our accident I so wanted to use my delica 4 to cut someones seat belt off (sick and twisted I know).. to no avail everyone's came off with the click of the button.. except the wifes..

I'm afraid even the BK3 wouldn't have helped in my wife's situation...

You just got a little tingle down there, didn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back