ESEE 5 Choil. completed

Looks like you did a pretty good job.
Definitely applaud your efforts to make it your own. When you get a chance, post up some pics of it in use, and write up how you think it performs.

As others have said, strip it and throw some patina on that thing, that would look bad ass.

SJ

Im going to wait a while to strip it, but that would look badass. I have barely used it, im going to wear out the coating first.

Stripping the rest of the blade might be more than you're willing to do, but you could force a good patina to that choil as a final touch.

Don't think i would do it to my 5 but it looks like you did a good job on it.:thumbup:

Strip that blade, it would make the whole package look better....

strip it or put a coat of duracoat or cerakote on it....something to even out the colors.....if you strip it I would suggest also trying to give it a patina so the 1095 is more rust resistant....otherwise I love it. looks like you put a lot of hard work into it!

Oh dear GOD why would you spread the worst feature of the 3, 4, and 6 to the uninfected 5? :eek:

Nice job though. :p

to be honest: i don't see any plausible reason to do this to the 5...

that said: i applaud you for following through on your idea! (...however that struck you ;))
and as long as you kept the blade cool while "screwing" it :p it sure is no catastrophic failure...

so thumbs up purely for taking stuff into your own hands :thumbup:

Back