• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ESEE - Extremely Disappointed with ESEE 6 and Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet you advocating assault as normal behaviour is fine?

Think it through:

-Knife is rusty...send e-mail.
-Don't like response...track person down and assault them (punch in the face in a public venue, as you suggested).
-Go to jail for assault charge...where you can get punched in the face while heavily outnumbered.

Doesn't seem like you thought it through fully. :D

I wish that getting punched is the worst that happens in jail. The last 5 times I was in, well, let's just say....nevermind.

What would be hilarious is if it were Jeff Randall sending the emails to Mike Perrin.

That would be epic.

Yet you advocating assault as normal behaviour is fine?

Think it through:

-Knife is rusty...send e-mail.
-Don't like response...track person down and assault them (punch in the face in a public venue, as you suggested).
-Go to jail for assault charge...where you can get punched in the face while heavily outnumbered.

Doesn't seem like you thought it through fully. :D

More punching = less disrespectful people
If you expected to be confronted by everyone you gave shotty service to, service would improve! I promise, it works. And if it weren't for face punching Vets like me sticking up for the little guy, the meek would never inherit the earth

Anyone defending this kind of customer service should be ashamed. It spreads until it becomes acceptable, and people begin to expect this kind of treatment. Repulsive

Again. I don't know why this thread is happening.

Esee can't fix stupid. Sometimes customer service can't be put on a silver spoon. This is hundred dollar hard use knives not Cadillacs. If you can't figure out how maintenance works with a knife, ifyou complain to the company, and then start a thread whining about it, and even have other people whine about how you were treated, Esee doesn't need you as a customer and I don't need you has a fellow knife enthusiast. Sorry. The truth hurts sometimes. Take your delicate sensitivities somewhere else.

I have seen some lubricants contaminated and actually cause rust. This could be the case.

Again, I see nothing wrong with the customer service the OP received. He was simply told that ESEE doesn't replace knives due to rust.
The "rust" wasn't rust anyway. I'd be willing to bet on it.

More punching = less disrespectful people
If you expected to be confronted by everyone you gave shotty service to, service would improve! I promise, it works. And if it weren't for face punching Vets like me sticking up for the little guy, the meek would never inherit the earth

Yes! More violence for peace! Makes sense to me. Idiots should get great customer service and if they are treated rude, the owner should be punched in the face! Perfect logic.

Stabby, Just got your book and am having fine time reading it. Street justice is what we need here!

Esee can't fix stupid. Sometimes customer service can't be put on a silver spoon. This is hundred dollar hard use knives not Cadillacs. If you can't figure out how maintenance works with a knife, ifyou complain to the company, and then start a thread whining about it, and even have other people whine about how you were treated, Esee doesn't need you as a customer and I don't need you has a fellow knife enthusiast. Sorry. The truth hurts sometimes. Take your delicate sensitivities somewhere else.

I hurt a feeler I think. Sorry

Stabby, Just got your book and am having fine time reading it. Street justice is what we need here!

Glad you're enjoying it. :)
It contains many important life strategies...including punching people in the face. :D

Primarily because the culture on BF (outside of a few spots like the Becker forum) is one of ultra-sensitivite, whining, entitled, little snot-nosed wannabes who have a keyboard in their hands more than they'll ever have a knife. They will exert 10 times the amount of energy talking about knives and how the world has disappointed them than they'll spend outside using a knife to truly see if it is worth the money they spent. "Knives" to them mean selling an unused one so they can acquire another one they'll sell within a couple of months having never sweated on it.

They have the energy to focus on the customer service aspect of the knife because that's the only action ever performed with the knife: the purchasing process. There's a drawer full of knives in their house but not one has been used enough to have to resharpen the factory edge and they wouldn't know how to do it if it needed it anyway.

I'm envisioning Vol 2 of my guide to knife industry, identifying the cultures of various knife forums. Spoiler alert: this place won't fare too well.

Doesn't Esse say in their warranty somewhere, "no questions asked"? Perhaps the issue of rust is not a qualifying condition as most of us would agree but what this seems to really be about is the fact that Esee said, (and didn't have to, mind you) accept the knife and issue a refund and then didn't follow through. That's where the problem is. It doesn't matter if this guy was right or wrong about his complaint about rust. It developed into a question of ethics on Esse's side. What's unfortunate is that this isn't the first time I've heard of Esse's condescending attitude on returns with other customers. Well there you have it. My vote is for Outdoor Supreme on this matter.

Doesn't Esse say in their warranty somewhere, "no questions asked"? Perhaps the issue of rust is not a qualifying condition as most of us would agree but what this seems to really be about is the fact that Esee said, (and didn't have to, mind you) accept the knife and issue a refund and then didn't follow through. That's where the problem is. It doesn't matter if this guy was right or wrong about his complaint about rust. It developed into a question of ethics on Esse's side. What's unfortunate is that this isn't the first time I've heard of Esse's condescending attitude on returns with other customers. Well there you have it. My vote is for Outdoor Supreme on this matter.

Now, that's how you argue, guys. This guy is using logic and rationale and facts to form his opinion.

Here's ESEE's warranty directly off of their page:

"We do not guarantee against rust or normal wear and tear."

It's at the top of the page. There is more detailed info down below.

http://www.jungletraining.com/warranty.htm

The OP was wrong to assume that his knife would somehow be immune from the laws of physics. Furthermore, it is beyond the stretch of the imagination to think that surface rust would be a reason to return the knife. Once he was told that the knife is not warranted against rust, he had no expectation that he should be reimbursed.

However, given ALL that, have y'all not noticed that Mike did in fact offer the guy a refund? Even though they don't offer a warranty against rust, he was going to warranty something that had surface rust.

The OP returned the knife and then there was no rust on it. So, Mike asked why is there no rust?

I guess you could take issue with Mike for what you perceive his tone to be, but you can't deny that even though he was dealing with an unreasonable person, he was still trying to make it right.

This thread reads like a bad attempt at Whine & Cheese. How many posters here have a clue as to the rules in discussion forums? Vulgarity and insults are not acceptable behavior. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back