ESEE Lite Machete

Just remember. El Salvadorans are all born blind so the edge you get on the Lite machete is hit and miss. You may have to touch it up. Every so often we get an email from someone coming unglued because the Lite Machete they got is not "sharp" and they start saying "I can't believe this of ESEE". So, we have to explain IT'S A FREAKIN MACHETE!!! and then we also tell them that most all El Salvadoran children are born blind and are forced to work at the Imacasa plant from age 2 until they are 30 years old, at which time they are then forced to join the MS-13 street gang.

not sure what a muckerman stomp is but I am sure I'd laugh :D

The Muckerman Stomp is named after a client of ours we hauled to the jungle. We were all standing around talking one night, pitch dark. All of a sudden this client goes into a jumping and yelling spree, tearing through the camp knociking over shit. We thought the was dying. Mike turned his head lamp on and found a large grasshopper on the ground. It was one of those armored grasshoppers with spikes on it's body. It had crawled up Muckerman's leg. He went nuts for a few minutes there, and thus the Muckerman Stomp was forever etched into our minds and coined as a phrase in the jungle.

LOL ,well Mike(Shotty) almost did that dance while discovering the large beast ,called me over to pick'em up :thumbup:

We had a guy years ago in Peru way out in the boonies that had an armored cricket (about the size of those grasshoppers but with huge spikes/spines) crawl up his leg in the dark. He felt something on his shirt and mashed it (didn't kill it) and one of the spikes poked a hole in his thumb. He was deathly afraid of insects anyway (I know...what the hell was he doing in the jungle?). He damn near destroyed the camp stomping and hollering and crashing , pots flying everywhere, until we finally got him calmed down and showed him the cricket. THAT was the Muckerman stomp.:)

Between Mike's version of the story and mine, the truth is in there somehwere.

I think my mind is settled. I'm not worried about the edge, my opinion of my sharpening skills is unmatched and more than likely unwarranted. I just want to make sure it's going to get used. After seeing the pictures next to the junglas the doubt has since left.

I scout a lot. I want to be as far away from another human being as humanly possible. This is just the tool that will get me in there. Besides, I'm about sick of pruning shears and folding saws.

After hearing the Muckerman story I'm thinking a large marketing mistake has been made. The Junglas should have been the Muckerman. (When it's time to go agro)

I love the lite machete and would concider carrying it if the sheat that came with it wasnt destroyed :) of course i did not beg for a replacement but I need to find a new way ( a different type ) to carry it.. maybe something that can hold pouchs and survival tin

suggestions are welcome guys!

Well, we were bored in the woods and decided it would be fun to throw the machete at it. That's not a problem, is it?

How did the sheath get destroyed?

oh its totally my fault.. after sheating and unsheating it too often over 2010. cut it a little and then the belt loop got damaged too..

I was thinking of something with a handle-snap-holder type of thing like the one on the junglas sheat.. anything that will get it more secure when we cross river in the wild. im sick of giving metal to our canadian rivers! (happen once but still :) )

btw, i got some screws to get replaced with the warrenty.. got damaged by cleaning my ESEE6 scales, lol

Last edited:
Doc, if you want another sheath let us know where to ship it.

I love the lite machete and would concider carrying it if the sheat that came with it wasnt destroyed :) of course i did not beg for a replacement but I need to find a new way ( a different type ) to carry it.. maybe something that can hold pouchs and survival tin

suggestions are welcome guys!

I just use the Condor leather sheath that I bought with my Lite Machete because I'd heard that the one that came with the Lite wasn't very good. Since the Lite Machete was available without a sheath I bought it like that + Condor sheath.

I took my Lite Machete camping and as soon as I got to where I wanted to setup I needed to clear some brush. I tried out the Lite Machete and on the first swing when the machete contacted wood and slice right through it - I had a new favourite cutting tool!

If MHill takes his ESEE-6 as well then he can chop with the Lite & baton with the 6 - good wood processing combo. If no batoning is required then the Lite + 3 combo would probably work well for damn near everything.

For me I kinda like a combo of my Lite Machete + Mora Bushcraft Triflex + Victorinox Ranger = everything covered nicely! If I don't want to baton with the Lite then I could take my BK-7 as well - I know it can baton like a champ (very similar to the ESEE-6).

I just use the Condor leather sheath that I bought with my Lite Machete because I'd heard that the one that came with the Lite wasn't very good. Since the Lite Machete was available without a sheath I bought it like that + Condor sheath.

I took my Lite Machete camping and as soon as I got to where I wanted to setup I needed to clear some brush. I tried out the Lite Machete and on the first swing when the machete contacted wood and slice right through it - I had a new favourite cutting tool!

If MHill takes his ESEE-6 as well then he can chop with the Lite & baton with the 6 - good wood processing combo. If no batoning is required then the Lite + 3 combo would probably work well for damn near everything.

For me I kinda like a combo of my Lite Machete + Mora Bushcraft Triflex + Victorinox Ranger = everything covered nicely! If I don't want to baton with the Lite then I could take my BK-7 as well - I know it can baton like a champ (very similar to the ESEE-6).

Be careful batoning a Becker with the steel they use. Smack it with a baton and the blade will bend over like a paper clip. :D

Back