• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Esteem 2x72 Belt grinder

I just received my workrest from Brett. Craftsmanship is top rate and Brett was a pleasure to deal with. Thank you, sir! :)

IMG_4205-XL.jpg

These esteems are so sweet Brett!!
Soon as I get that press paid for, Im coming for one!
Greg

Question for Brett and perhaps Shawn. Will your work rest fit on my KMG? Looks like Shawn has one mounted on his KMG. Price for one to fit my KMG and how to order? That adjustable work rest looks much better than the standard KMG rest I have. Thanks for any info.

Tony Z
KCMO

This looks like a solid built grinder. Is there a place to order one or get a time for best contact? I am looking for a new grinder to simplify from having to swap from wheel to platen and back.

I finally got my grinder stand built, belts received, and a workspace carved out in my garage/driveway. I mounted it onto a steel pedestal with caster wheels, a la Harbor Freight.

It's an awesome machine. No bogging or uneven movement at any speed. Even at 110v/1.5 hp, I could do light feathering at low speed and heavy grinding at max speed, with excellent modulation and control. It runs quiet and smooth, I got clean flat grinds (even with my bad technique) with no chatter from vibration. I suspect my vacuum cleaner is louder than this thing. Easy to adjust tracking, a couple of tweaks and the belt ran straight.

If you want a top-line grinder this is it. Cheaper than a Bader as well IIRC, and very close to a KMG in price, but this one comes wired up, needing only some basic assembly which even I could figure out for the most part.

Lastly, Brett was communicative and helpful all the way through the process. No dialing a 800 number and hitting 27 buttons to get someone who has to get someone for an answer to your question.

Thanks Guys, I do have a couple Esteems avalible out of the last batch so if you have been thinking you may be intersted let me.

I'm in the initial research/planning stages to put together my first shop, and I'll be hoping for one of your Esteem grinders.

Alright Brett - I'm ready to purchase! I left you a message and shot you an email ;)

I got an e-mail from him a couple of weeks ago about buying an adjustable tool rest , but it took a week before he did get back to me . Have not heard any thing sense .

I messaged him last night and then sent an email. I'd be interested in one. I hope he's still doin' this!

I am not a knife maker, but a woodworker. While trying to decide what sort of small belt sander/grinder I want to build, I stumbled upon this forum and this particular machine. I joined the forum just to post my opinion about the Esteem - Oh my gosh, this looks like the most well built machine of any I have seen, and at a far better price. I don't really need anything like this for woodworking, but am drooling, just the same. All I'm looking for is something to sand wood with, but the possibilities appear to be almost endless with a machine this nice. Metalworking, knife making, who knows what else. NICE work, Brett.

I am looking for a used grinder. Can anyone help ?

Thanks
Hey Joe ,
This is the wrong place to post this request. It might be a good idea to edit your post and ask in the WTB (want to buy) thread. You can also report your own post by clicking on the little triangle in the lower left of your post and ask a moderator to move your post. Welcome to the forum.

Guys,

I just want to put my $.02 cents in here.

I got my Esteem in from Brett last week and it is top notch-solid and a GREAT machine. I love it so much my KMG is now my backup and used for small wheels-lock up only.

Brett is as good as they come and his works speaks highly of character.

Do not hesitate....you will soon be buying #2...as I am soon to be doing:D

Insane respect, Brett...she drives smooth!!!

Chris
We're so jealous.
Variable speed and built like a tank.
Beautiful machine.

Sorry Guys, I do not get much time on the forums any more as these grinders have been keeping me super busy, but yes I am in fact still making and selling the Esteem grinders. If your interested you can email me atesteemgrinders@gmail.com . FYI I have the next batch of of grinders due back from powder coat on May 19th. Out of that batch of 10 grinders 5 are not spoken for and are available as of today 5-16

Blessings,

Brett

Back