ETA for ESEE-4 stainless?

Well, the title says it all... Jeff, what say you?

When can I get one of these bad boys in my hand?

B

please tell me it won't be in 440C :thumbdn:

I would love to see something in S30V, CPM54, or the like. I would have to start buying knives all over again.

440C with a good heat treat is very good cutlery steel. You get it in a super steel and the price goes up a lot with only a marginal improvement in performance. Just my thinking on the matter.

440C with a good heat treat is very good cutlery steel. You get it in a super steel and the price goes up a lot with only a marginal improvement in performance. Just my thinking on the matter.

+1 I've yet to have something in 440 that failed to cut something.

Yes... 440C done right is good stuff.

+1

I agree 100%. I love 440C if heat treated properly.

My lady friend has a Benchmade in 440C and it performs very well. I'm quite happy to see an ESEE coming in that steel. Would much prefer it over AUS-8 or something similarly affordable.

Copy that, to my experience 440c keeps an edge really well and is not that bad to resharpen. Never had problems with that kind of steel and would indeed be glad to get the 4 made out of that stuff (really need a new one after my soon-to-be-ex-wife sucked out all money of me AND kept my favorite knife).
Had a Puma-Knife (famous german knifemakers for quite some time) in 440c and there were no reasons to complain about; Anyways 440a sucks big time.

Copy that, to my experience 440c keeps an edge really well and is not that bad to resharpen. Never had problems with that kind of steel and would indeed be glad to get the 4 made out of that stuff (really need a new one after my soon-to-be-ex-wife sucked out all money of me AND kept my favorite knife).
Had a Puma-Knife (famous german knifemakers for quite some time) in 440c and there were no reasons to complain about; Anyways 440a sucks big time.
:thumbup:
well heat treated the 440c is a great steel. like it more than D2 or a few of those newer "super steels".

groan. I guess a crowd that is perfectly happy with 1095, WOULD be happy with 440C. :rolleyes:
What are you babbling about? :rolleyes:

What,you don't think Rowen knows how to heat treat 440C properly,really,are you kidding me??Myself,I'm looking forward to the release of a stainless(440C)4!

I have a Benchmade Griptillian in 440C and love it. Great steel that takes a mean edge.

I am far from a expert on steel, but I don't see the benefit of making a knife out of some "super steel" and pricing it out of the reach of your average consumer. Unless, ofcourse your goal is to sell to a handfull of collectors then make it out of whatever you want.
Twoism and Pilot1 mentioned Benchmade and I have been carrying a Benchmade, made from of 440c, for the past year or so and and have no complaints at all about the performance of the steel.

We still have not nailed a date down on this thing.

Back