ETA for ESEE-4 stainless?

Would love to see it in S90V, but then again I would just love too see one. Struggeling to get stuff here in SA!

I think its been covered in previous threads, but 440C is something that Rowen could easily heat treat well. VG10 and AUS8 are Japanese steels, and they almost never export steel blanks to other countries for use, and if/when they do the cost goes up exponentially. Jeff and Mike want to have the majority of their knives domestically produced so as to maintain quality and supervision. There are other reasons but these are my primary take away. For the record I carry a USA made 440C BM Rant DP that is every bit the woods knife as any of its Carbon Steel brethren.

As long as it's still in the works Jeff, gives us some more time to save up.

Sorry for bringing this thread back and I know yall have not really hashed out any prices etc. But IF the Stainless 4 will be available for The Blade Show will it come out to your dealers before or after, even maybe for pre-order before it hits the dealers? Also would one be able to purchase it at the show? Sorry, these may be ignorant questions...

I am not sure; a SS4 will be at Blade but just to look & touch,after Blade then to Dealers but that is a Guess only on my part until Mike or Jeff chime in.
I don't believe they sale at Blade,only giveaways :D

I would buy every Esee in SS.

I like Stainless Steel but I also like the 1095 just as much.

440C was the steel of the day 30 years ago when I was a teenager ( gives ya an idea how old I am:p)
I wouldn't replace my 1095 Esees with stainless but another 4 in that steel would definately be on the menu.
I would have total confidence in Rowans production of a knife in that steel.:thumbup:

They could be making it from the WalMart knife steels and everyone would say yea but the heat treat will make it perfect. You guys are funny.
Oh BTW, the 440c is fine. I wil beat the crap out of it and send it in for a new one. Just before I take the handles off about 50 times. Hey Jeff, can you just send me some extra screws now?

Back