Ethan's been doin good deeds for us in secret!

Did others here get the email from "Hedgehog" leather works? They're the fellas who churn out the high-class leather for the Kabar, the TB Tracker, and now the BK-2.

The Bk2 sheaths go on sale tomorrow night, and apparently Ethan has chipped in to throw in a FREE BK2 with the first three sheath orders. Pretty rad, no?

I'm not in the running for these due to costs, but if folks are gonna get a free BK2 I'd like to see the supporters here get them!

Yep pretty generous! I can't really see myself spending $189US on a sheath no matter how good it is.

Did others here get the email from "Hedgehog" leather works? They're the fellas who churn out the high-class leather for the Kabar, the TB Tracker, and now the BK-2.

The Bk2 sheaths go on sale tomorrow night, and apparently Ethan has chipped in to throw in a FREE BK2 with the first three sheath orders. Pretty rad, no?

I'm not in the running for these due to costs, but if folks are gonna get a free BK2 I'd like to see the supporters here get them!

it's not much of an "in secret" to the faithful if you tell everyone ;)

buy two!

Bladite

Yep pretty generous! I can't really see myself spending $189US on a sheath no matter how good it is.

+1. I don't really like the idea of paying 2-3 times the cost of the blade in a sheath to carry it. I seem some quality custome knives that come with high quality custom sheaths for that price....

+1. I don't really like the idea of paying 2-3 times the cost of the blade in a sheath to carry it. I seem some quality custome knives that come with high quality custom sheaths for that price....

+2 I could just make my own. Sheaths are more expendable than the knife. I'd rather spend that amount of $ on ammo.

I haven't seen ANY sheath made by ANYONE that is as nice as the hedgehog sheaths just doesn't happen. You get what you pay for. Thats why they have 25yr warranties. They use top quality everything to make them. It's a hand made custom sheath. Becker knives are wonderful knives but they are not hand made custom knives so the fact that the sheath costs more should make sense.

I own one my Tracker knife is not my favorite knife but I will never sell it simply because I have the Hedgehog sheath for it. When I can afford it I will be getting the Hedgehog sheath for my BK2.

I haven't seen ANY sheath made by ANYONE that is as nice as the hedgehog sheaths just doesn't happen. You get what you pay for. Thats why they have 25yr warranties. They use top quality everything to make them. It's a hand made custom sheath. Becker knives are wonderful knives but they are not hand made custom knives so the fact that the sheath costs more should make sense.

I own one my Tracker knife is not my favorite knife but I will never sell it simply because I have the Hedgehog sheath for it. When I can afford it I will be getting the Hedgehog sheath for my BK2.

25 year warranties???? Should be LIFETIME.... The company want be around 25 years with $189 sheaths in their business plan.

Oddly, an email I just got from HedgeHog says the sheath will no longer be available for purchase after tonight. Strange.

Its only available to people who helped with its design by sending requests to Paul initially. Its a limited run for now, as a thankyou (along with the stone).Paul said in his email that 650ish people put input into its design.... I'm guessing his initial supplys are running out now, so he is suspending manufacture until he can arrange for mass production?

I would suggest ringing him and begging lol

Yeah, I searched a bit more on his site and found the note suspending production. I sent an email asking when they might be available. I'll post more info when I hear back.

Gotta go practice my begging... :D

he did mention if we need to speak to him to ring, as the amount of emails he gets is too huge to respond to...... pick up that phone mate:):)

I'll call tomorrow.
What was the price he had set? I realize it might change with circumstances.

i think it was US$189 for the plain sheath and $269??? for the one with firesteel and allen wrench.

No mass production the wait time for even the sheaths in production is 8 weeks or so.

He said in the videos they would be available for a limited time and just to those who helped in the design. I think once he has a certain amount of orders he shuts it down till they can catch up. He said they had 10 sheaths ready to go and that after that it was 4 to 8 weeks wait for the rest depending on how many orders they had. You figure if even 1/4 of us who helped design it ordered a sheath thats 150 sheaths they gotta make on top of any of the other sheaths they make. I think he's a pretty small operation so he doesn't want to get too far behind in his orders.

I was not yet fully committed (maybe I should be committed :rolleyes:) to spending $2c on a sheath, but it is the best, and will last forever if you take care of it. I hope I get the chance to make that decision one day.

Seems like they should make some decently economical sheaths for some other things like multi tools, lights, and smaller knives. The sheaths are spectacular, but the price definitely detracts from the want for them. It might be a good idea for them to maybe make some a less expensive line of sheaths to get completely established, then whip out the premium stuff.

Last edited:
I've always wondered why he makes stuff for so few knives too. I can only think he is a small operation and gets more than enough orders as is and doesn't have time/need to add more products? I don't think they even do custom order requests???

It might be a good idea for them to maybe make some a less expensive line of sheaths to get completely established, then whip out the premium stuff.

And it might be just that he is trying to avoid. There are a lot of companies like this, top of the line, period.

Back