Ethan's Trip to KaBar Olean/NY Last Week

Jake,

The Blade I am holding is a MachAx with proposed mods. Ethan has the "New" Mag Camp.

rifon2/Daizee,

The Revised BK-2s are going thru the factory now and should be in circulation in 2-3 months. Of course there may be some overlap with the old version. So don't just order blindly.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr. Eng.
Prod Dev and Qual
KA-BAR Knives

rifon2/Daizee,

The Revised BK-2s are going thru the factory now and should be in circulation in 2-3 months. Of course there may be some overlap with the old version. So don't just order blindly.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr. Eng.
Prod Dev and Qual
KA-BAR Knives

Thanks for the info!
I'm definitely looking forward to getting one as soon as they're available. :thumbup:

Toooj, can you reveal to us the weight difference between the old and new BK2?

Also, I'm wondering if anyone uses the pommel feature to actually hammer on, and for what purpose. Or maybe it's used as a striker for things? Perhaps just trimming 1/16th off of the rear of the grips would make a suitable glass breaking point and I'd be happy with that.

Trying to decide how long I'm willing to wait for the new version and for what extra utility.

Thanks again,

-Daizee

The Blade I am holding is a MachAx with proposed mods. Ethan has the "New" Mag Camp.

mmm, MachAx... mmmmmmmmMMMmmmmmmmmm

oh yeay. mmm, Magnum Camp :)

keep those pictures coming from the factory !!!

Bladite

Daizee,

I'm off to SHOT. I'll answer your weight question on the BK-2 when I get back. (If I can remember after all of the human debauchery that will be taking place in LV.)

Toooj

Daizee,
I'm off to SHOT. I'll answer your weight question on the BK-2 when I get back. (If I can remember after all of the human debauchery that will be taking place in LV.)
Toooj

i think he means the free all you can eat buffets :>

Bladite

Ok, I did it.
A BK2 is on its way from Amazon - unbeatable price on the old rev.
I was already obsessing over the BK2 before I learned about the new mods. Trying to decide was making my head hurt.

I played the scenarios out in my head and figured I will never get a better price on either revision (free shipping!).

If I love it too much I'll consider a new model next year as a backup. :)
Happy Birthday to me.

-Daizee

i got a bk2 yesterday from amazon also. i was going for the bk7. i was buying with amazon points. before the 1st, they were $63 shipped w/the small knife.

after the 1st, when i finally got my points, they were $71 wo/shipping, no smaller knife.

sooo, i went bk2...for $4.80 w/points:D

Last edited:
If I love it too much I'll consider a new model next year as a backup. :)
Happy Birthday to me. -Daizee

and happy BD to you.

guns, knives, and more. wow.

Bladite

There is so much want in this thread it's ridiculous.

Love this new stuff.

Details about the recurve in the 5th pic down?

did i spy a RECURVE in there somewhere? :)

764010521_8A9r8-O.jpg

#

any chance Ethan or Bladite could post up a pic of the New BK2, and use the handle cutouts to open a d shackle?

:)

So is that a different blade grind on the new BK2? it may be me but something looks slightly different than the current model - but then I may just be way off base! :)

Last edited:
Back