Event Horizon. A 2016 release bladehq exclusive

12393652_1105330136144178_2057901819_n.jpg

Just posted minutes ago on Instagram. Designed by eric Wong. Blade HQ exclusive coming in 2016. Any thoughts? Looks smaller and darker.
10608100_434650570073388_945771876_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thats all that's been released so far! Was tagged in the post with s35vn but so was the torrents. Looks to have a modified tango with a bit of a spanto grind.

The designer is Eric Wong of Malaysia and goes by the user name Keninshiro.

The bearings flipper with titanium frame lock will be made by Reate and sold exclusively at BladeHQ.

Blade of S35VN that's 3.5" long and 0.157" thick.

Looks like an all-black and a two-tone version.

I'm guessing a price of $350+.

EH%20opt4_zpsguls1tci.jpg

EH-presentation-side_zps0obkelnf.jpg

EH-lock-side_zpsfqeftgsm.jpg

EH-clip_zpsawo9tcyk.jpg

EH-lock-side2_zpss1bqzqp2.jpg

EH-closed-presentation-side_zpsxkttk8oy.jpg

top-side-for-both_zpsawiwtixi.jpg

MN-presentation-side_zpspzgbdusc.jpg

MN-lock-side_zpsjr4hh2bg.jpg

MN-clip_zpsifujx8ps.jpg

MN-lock-side2_zpsice6hnqw.jpg

MN-closed-lock-side_zpstgerbvyz.jpg

MN-closed-presentation-side_zps2x0u0vqf.jpg

Maybe the black stonewashed version...don't really care for the two tone. Still waiting on the 3" Reate...

Seeing more pics I'm not sure how I feel about it. It is certainly visually striking but I'm not sure if I'm a fan yet. Seems to have a lot going on.

I'm curious on the weight. Those look like thick titanium and if not skeletonized it may weigh 5.5-6 ounces.

The black stonewashing looks darker in most pictures except the top one.

With the full black stonewashing (Dark Sun) I'd prefer black hardware/screws.

That is pretty hefty. Well I'm still on the fence about it. I think if its under $300ish I'd be interested.

The weight doesn't concern me. After carrying my District 9B for almost 2 years I got to like the weight and size. Just my own opinion.

Yeah I figured. I have a d9b as well and the weight doesn't bother me much either. Wasn't meaning to complain. And yeah I figured it would be higher on the price.

The weight doesn't concern me. After carrying my District 9B for almost 2 years I got to like the weight and size. Just my own opinion.

Compared to the District-9 at 7.65 oz. the Event Horizon and Dark Sun are a good ounce less!

I'll pass on both of these, although the price is a bit of a surprise. They look gas-station-ish.

Still waiting on the 3" Reate.

Back