Event Horizon. A 2016 release bladehq exclusive

Is the smokewash one really the "Dark Sun" version? Looks so different...

Is the smokewash one really the "Dark Sun" version? Looks so different...

Yes. It looks like BladeHQ is not using the "Dark Sun" moniker and instead calling it Event Horizon Smokewash. The other one is Event Horizon Two-Tone.

I like the Smokewash one better but for a 3.5" flipper it's too heavy for me at 6.38 ounces. They're lighter than my original District-9 models but I never carried those either since they're 7.65 ounces.

Personally, I like the weights, but it's heavily dependent on what pants you wear I imagine. I have the luxury of being able to wear jeans every day at work, so the weight is less of an issue than it probably is with dress pants or khakis. I barely notice the New Torrent is in my pocket. And to me it feels lighter than it's size and construction should allow.

I'll pass on both of these, although the price is a bit of a surprise. They look gas-station-ish.

Still waiting on the 3" Reate.

THIS.

The knife looks pretty busy, and the hump on the back of the handle looks ugly if I may say.

They just went live on BladeHQ. I ordered the Smokewash.

edit: Yikes, after I ordered both models went back to out of stock? What did they sell out in minutes?

Last edited:
They just went live on KnifeCenter. I ordered the Smokewash.

edit: Yikes, after I ordered both models went back to out of stock? What did they sell out in minutes?

I thought these were BladeHQ exclusives?!

Looks like my Blackwash is on the way from BladeHQ. According to the site they still have none.

It's here

The Event Horizon Dark Sun arrived. First blush, knee jerk reactions without much thought. My New Torrent "feels" of a higher quality in almost every way. I like the blade shape, but it didn't arrive very sharp. It flips AWESOME as expected. The lock is wonderful as expected. I like the weight and feel of the New Torrent better. So in general this will be a great "beater" knife that still looks and works great. My New Torrent is still my favorite EDC, but I would use the Event Horizon if I was going to break down a ton of cardboard at work or do a big wood project where some gunk might get on the knife. The Event Horizon actually may flip a little easier because the detent isn't quite as intense. I might try my first Youtube vid on the EH. Oh. and the EH is probably nicely pimpable. The pocket clip is shockingly good tension for a sculpted. This knife did not come with a replacement lock bar insert like the New Torrent did. Just the washers and some screws.

Last edited:
Finally snagged one of these in the two-tone finish.

Attachments

• reate-event-horizon-two-tone-hand-cm-large.jpg
    reate-event-horizon-two-tone-hand-cm-large.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 51
The Liong Mah designs made by Reate fall into the smaller more pocket friendly folder category.
Yeah, I've got the Warrior 1 which is the smallest Liong Mah/Reate. I really want a 4-finger grip Horizon with a three inch blade! The Horizon E!

Back