Everyone's latest acquisitions!

2 More incoming today!

* Shirogorov F3 NS in M390 and purple carbon fiber
* GEC 153124 Barlow in Tractor Green Sawcut Bone (thanks sbh06 sbh06 ! )

UAB6DXJ.jpeg

JdF35Kj.jpeg

SvTAwhi.jpeg

icdoZ09.jpeg

tZo4mP8.jpeg

3wc1e0R.jpeg

0oBHuyn.jpeg

xSC5svx.jpeg

X2RpyBH.jpeg

On the one hand, the thumb hole cutout is pretty obviously just straight up incorrectly done. It isn't the right shape, the right size, OR the right level of chamfering to make any sense at all. Probably the worst attempt at a cutout like this I've ever seen in a production knife. I almost wonder if it is intentional to make it okay to open only with two hands or very slow thumb rolls. Kind of surprised because Hogue is usually quite good at ergonomics and hand / digit features like this.

On the other hand, the handle may be the best handle I've ever felt on a folding knife. Absolutely perfect chamfering, angles, size, even the feel of the anodization is basically perfect. Almost feels like a perfected version of the Manix 2 concept in hand. Even the pocket clip is perfectly shaped and size to disappear completely (while still being a really useful design for actually grabbing the knife out of your pocket).

Also, I really, really like the blade shape. Nice and tall, excellent point placement, super slicey. One of Hogue's best blade designs I think.

If you are the kind of person who fidgets with their knife a lot, and / or values thumb deployment a lot, maybe wait until they redesign this one (which I am hoping happens this year). But if you are fine with just deploying the blade with the crossbar lock and don't really care about the deployment too much (which is mostly where I fall), it's one of the most premium feeling knives I've felt in a long time, with an absolutely wonderful blade in practice.

All they need to do is redesign this thumb hole and fix the deployment, and change the blade steel from S30V to MagnaCut, and I think they'll have maybe the best folder on the market. Until then, I still really like it, but I know some folks will definitely be frustrated by this deployment design flaw.
Thank you very much for the well thought out response, I appreciate that! Yeah it's a really cool design that I don't see why more people haven't jumped on. Sounds like it's pretty much perfect for ya except for that dang hole placement. It looks like one of those pretty much "perfect" knives for me too, I do wish they had one with an uncoated blade though. I am someone who likes to play with their knives a lot though and find myself opening and closing them a lot as I'm on the computer and what not. I've been worried that they were going to discontinue this one before I could make my mind up because I don't see hardly any of them hanging around in people's pictures. Maybe I'll just keep my eyes open for a good price on a lightly used one. Thanks man!

Reate Exo K... and bladehq was kind enough to throw in a freebie knife too. Surprisingly good free knife tbh and its a Bestech too..

Let hope I don't accidently cut my ear off...

Attachments

• 20240331_153656.jpg
    20240331_153656.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240331_153742.jpg
    20240331_153742.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240331_153829.jpg
    20240331_153829.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240331_153805.jpg
    20240331_153805.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 7
Incoming in the last couple of days

* Holt Bladeworks Custom Renegade #18
* Tactical Pterodactyl Mid-size Raptor Harpoon in Magnacut and Micarta - Dark Acid stonewash
* Tactical Pterodactyl Mid-size Raptor Harpoon in Magnacut and Micarta - Dirty Stonewash
* Olight Rubato 4 in S35VN and Ultem
* CJRB Prado in AR-RPM9 and green G10
* Kizer Mystic in Rex 45 and Ti with micarta and lanyard (thanks Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley !)

THVAs9i.jpeg

MPyMAwy.jpeg

zg32Op4.jpeg

Fzr19pk.jpeg

oAeWCnP.jpeg

Tactical Pterodactyl includes comparison with REK Ember 2.5

bzRPfnC.jpg

PKjpgsj.jpg

ZghCv3n.jpg

Nyj5btS.jpg

AGbPpaB.jpg

TMMe4QA.jpg