Everyone's latest acquisitions!

cbtpWk1.jpeg
I just bought one off ebay a couple weeks ago, Im still on the waiting list for one, they said 4 to 6 years. I couldn't wait. I might be dead.haha//How do you like it?

Have you ever been to ever been to A.G. russel's shop in sprindale, ar
Can't say that I have. Although I used to see AG at the show back when I was Stateside.

You're right, it's a really light pocket knife, and I love the shape, fit, and finish. I just wish it was bigger. I picked this one up on this Forum.

So I’m not looking for any more knives at the moment, seeing as I’m pretty content with my modest collection, most of which has never been used and probably never will be. But of course that doesn’t stop me from perusing the classifieds, because why not. That’s where I stumbled upon this guy, an Adam Purvis Progeny V2 in blue and black carbon fiber and M390 steel. I’d never heard of this brand before laying eyes on this fine specimen, but it caught my interest straight away, and checked my most important boxes: flipper, liner lock, good steel, great looker. And now that it’s in hand, the action is also excellent. Seller was open to trades, and I just happened to have one I was willing to part with that he would take. So, deal done - my first ever knife trade. In person, this thing is a real beauty. Thank you for an easy deal, Hale Storm Hale Storm ! I hope you’re as happy with yours as I am with mine.

IMG-1114.jpg

IMG-1115.jpg

So I’m not looking for any more knives at the moment, seeing as I’m pretty content with my modest collection, most of which has never been used and probably never will be. But of course that doesn’t stop me from perusing the classifieds, because why not. That’s where I stumbled upon this guy, an Adam Purvis Progeny V2 in blue and black carbon fiber and M390 steel. I’d never heard of this brand before laying eyes on this fine specimen, but it caught my interest straight away, and checked my most important boxes: flipper, liner lock, good steel, great looker. And now that it’s in hand, the action is also excellent. Seller was open to trades, and I just happened to have one I was willing to part with that he would take. So, deal done - my first ever knife trade. In person, this thing is a real beauty. Thank you for an easy deal, Hale Storm Hale Storm ! I hope you’re as happy with yours as I am with mine.

IMG-1114.jpg

IMG-1115.jpg

Adam makes good stuff. I have an Adam Purvis Progeny V2 Ti with inlays, and a Rook with inlays. I also have several of his Dark Timascus pocket clips for Koenig Arius, Sharp By Design Apex, Spyderco Drunken, and CRK Sebenza. Also had 2 custom clips made by sending in knives for the Rockstead Shin and Higo II.

I now have two pre-orders for his Xerx in Ti and another in Mars carbon fiber. Pre-orders end soon (he's on Instagram).

Last edited:

IMG-1114.jpg

IMG-1115.jpg
I’m glad you are loving the APurvis. My part of the trade will be here in a few days and it’s one I wanted to try for years. My experience with Danny Linguini is exactly the same. Great comms. Easy to deal with. A man of his word. I would easily do business again.

Can't say that I have. Although I used to see AG at the show back when I was Stateside.

You're right, it's a really light pocket knife, and I love the shape, fit, and finish. I just wish it was bigger. I picked this one up on this Forum.
Is yours the light n bug or mosquito hawk, I had mosquito hawk it was a little bigger.

I just bought one off ebay a couple weeks ago, Im still on the waiting list for one, they said 4 to 6 years. I couldn't wait. I might be dead.haha//How do you like it?
Plain amazing, insane sharp, great balance. I have not been able to use it properly yet but it oozes quality.

I have the same knife. Ag Russell is about 40 min from my house. It us unreal how light that knife is. I just bout a randal model 1 from there this week. I think it is one of the few shops that have randalls instock. Have you ever been to ever been to A.G. russel's shop in sprindale, ar

Circa 2001, the blues band I used to play in ("the Groove Kings") would rehearse in the abandoned house that was eventually torn down where the AG Russell store now stands...good times!

IMG-1114.jpg

IMG-1115.jpg

Love that blade design. Low point angle, slight modded Wharncliffe. I might need to look into this one.

Back