Everyone's latest acquisitions!

The Bareknuckle flipper is a little (lot) sticky right now, but otherwise it seems like a pretty incredible value knife. Light, great ergos, good looks. Smallish hands are a plus.
upload_2020-4-27_13-48-11.jpeg

The mini Proponent is simply awesome. Super smooth action, great ergos. Heavy!

o32umgglu9r41.jpg

I got this Brous Blades, Hardwire for a great price. Yes, this was an impulse buy:). It looks futuristic. Very cool. It comes in a hard shell case.

images

FsqujG4cHR8hukSDmMXT-hxbUMPrbcpRovJ37bLO-9soCPaSByO7Z0fKVqWa4rUEWN9GDkBqNF3hVwO0niDv0DrWrIPK_Wdox6onBMoldePcQn2ZFehwrg

Last edited:
Nailed it!......the bottom one at least :D

Top to bottom
Macassar Ebony
Bocote
Striped Platan

Amazing how much variation there is in nature. I’ve seen ebony inlays that are tan.

Ahahaha!!! Its so hard to tell at that angle!
Bocote....obviously (facepalm).
Way off on the Macassar. Looks like ironwood.
Looks like I won’t be passing go, and wont be collecting $200. Haha

@razor-edge-knives thanks! That was fun!

I was looking for a knife about the same size (blade length and handle length) as my recently acquired Bugout 535BK-2 with a drop point but a bit beefier. A mid-size Grip would be great but those aren't available. Then one of the guys at Benchmade suggested I look at the 575-1 Mini-Presidio II. Looks like a perfect Goldilocks knife to me. I bought it directly from BM as they offered it to me with a law enforcement discount bringing it to $101.50 shipped. Has the new CF-Elite scales and has the Mini-Grip handle style. Should get it in a couple days.

575-1_01.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking for a knife about the same size (blade length and handle length) as my recently acquired Bugout 535BK-2 with a drop point but a bit beefier. A mid-size Grip would be great but those aren't available. Then one of the guys at Benchmade suggested I look at the 575-1 Mini-Presidio II. Looks like a perfect Goldilocks knife to me. I bought it directly from BM as they offered it to me with a law enforcement discount bringing it to $101.50 shipped. Has the new CF-Elite scales and has the Mini-Grip handle style. Should get it in a couple days.

575-1_01.jpg
Nice grab...I owned and carried a mini auto for years...good reliable choice!

Back