Everyone's latest acquisitions!

It’s pretty straight forward.
Read this link, everything is right there in the first 2 posts, & you can practice all you want in the link thread too, that’s what it is for.
You are a non paid member, so use the non paid member instructions (using a free photo hosting web site).
If you get stuck, post a question in that linked thread too, someone here will for sure see it and help you out.
Good luck.
Thsnk you. I decided to become a paid member. Mskes things much easier

My new Traveller Lite is sharp!

MG-0278.jpg

The Custom Shop Mini-Barrage has made it's appearance!
Now I understand the appeal of an assisted opener...
It opens smartly; but is easy to hold and control. The blade is perfectly centered, and has an edge on it that is wicked scary! (S90V steel)
It might be just a bit heavy for an EDC; but it's a definite keeper!

Attachments

• 10-4-21 02.jpg
    10-4-21 02.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Just received this Kershaw 1030 Deer Hunter made/sold circa mid-late 1970.

It has been polished (but the patina will reform later) and was in much better condition that I expected based on the sales photos that I saw.

vXVHPJ8.jpg

This joins the Kershaw 1035 Moose Hunter and 1050 Folding Field Knife in my small Kershaw Hattori Hunter collection.

pxJL3j8.jpg

There were a total of 6 fixed blade Hunters in the series made as indicated by this advertising poster. These actually were the 1st knives ever made/sold by Kershaw. The folder was a later addition. These were the MOST beautiful knives ever made/sold by Kershaw IMO.

IMG_0329.jpg

The only other one that I'm looking for would be the 1034 Elk Hunter which shares the same blade shape and is "in-between" the 1030 and 1035 based on size. They're out there but not generally in in the condition or offered for the price that I'm willing to pay.

Just have to keep looking. ;)

BTW, I have 2 other Hattori designed Kershaws: a Trooper (in a presentation case) and NIB Special Agent which are daggers/boot knives that were both made in the early 1980s around the same time as the Gerber Mark I (that I also own a couple examples of, which make an interesting contrast).

FWIW, even though the Trooper/Agent are well designed, I still like the Gerbers better.

Last edited:
Here was an impulse buy a bit ago: Williams Blade Design shobu zukuri kaiken, manufactured for them by TRC Knives in Lithuania. Apocalypse finish M390 at RC60-61 with a 4.5" blade, natural micarta handles, and really one of the nicest taco kydex sheaths I've seen, although it needs a Utiliclip or Mummert Ti clip.

Back