Everyone's latest acquisitions!

JUVUWeDh.jpg

Last edited:
My latest acquisition is a MT29 Z-Max Spyderco Mule, which is shown at the top of the photo w/Halpern Option 4 Earth Brown G10 scales on it.

cTi8nKn.jpg

The other Mules pictured (previously purchased) are the:

MT23 20CV w/Halpern Option 4 Black G10 scales
MT31 S45VN w/Halpern Option 4 Forest Green G10 scales
MT25 LC200N w/Halpern Option 4 Burlap Canvas Micarta scales

Also just purchased the Option4 Forest Green and Burlap Canvas Micarta scales from Halpern to fully "clothe" all 4 of the Mules in my collection. Option 4 scales are contoured and Option 5 scales are flat.

Last edited:
I stumbled across a SAK that might just have the most delightful set of stock scales I've ever seen and one I instantly just had to have.

Many of you have probably heard of the "My First Victorinox" knife with a rounded main blade, marketed towards children. It is typically offered in translucent red, blue, or pink. Well, I was looking into them as a source for sapphire scales and noticed that overseas they sell 3 other versions with an animal theme; one with a jungle theme, one with an underwater scene, and one with forest animals. The forest one has a mushroom placed pretty prominently in the foreground, and I couldn't help but take notice of it and the fact that it looks like the animals are staring at it smiling, and thought to myself "this would be a pretty cool set of scales for another project."

qi0dY5h.jpg

That's not the best part though. I click to see the back side of the knife and what do I see???

Wait for it?...

Wait for it?...

wAU00cM.jpg

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣🤩🤪

The mushroom is gone and animals are rolling around on the forest floor having a good ol' time! And this is a kid's knife! I'm aware that this type of mushroom is the widely used in folklore particularly in Europe, so in certain places its use in children's stories might be commonplace, but I just couldn't resist picking up a SAK with scales that had forest animals trippin' out on mushrooms 🤣. I'm swapping the scales onto a Bantam and using it as my around the house bottle opener 🤓

Last edited:
I stumbled across a SAK that might just have the most delightful set of stock scales I've ever seen and one I instantly just had to have.

Many of you have probably heard of the "My First Victorinox" knife with a rounded main blade, marketed towards children. It is typically offered in translucent red, blue, or pink. Well, I was looking into them as a source for sapphire scales and noticed that overseas they sell 3 other versions with an animal theme; one with a jungle theme, one with an underwater scene, and one with forest animals. The forest one has a mushroom placed pretty prominently in the foreground, and I couldn't help but take notice of it and the fact that it looks like the animals are staring at it smiling, and thought to myself "this would be a pretty cool set of scales for another project."

qi0dY5h.jpg

That's not the best part though. I click to see the back side of the knife and what do I see???

Wait for it?...

Wait for it?...

wAU00cM.jpg

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣🤩🤪

The mushroom is gone and animals are rolling around on the forest floor having a good ol' time! And this is a kid's knife! I'm aware that this type of mushroom is the widely used in folklore particularly in Europe, so in certain places its use in children's stories might be commonplace, but I just couldn't resist picking up a SAK with scales that had forest animals trippin' out on mushrooms 🤣. I'm swapping the scales onto a Bantam and using it as my around the house bottle opener 🤓

That's awesome!!! I spent many days.in the woods in my younger days with cowpie breath n gigglin' my ass off!!

unclekurty​

Love that modded super Tinker. Where can I get one? I think I'd polish the cross if I had one.
thanks, Rich

Last edited:

unclekurty​

Love that modded super Tinker. Where can I get one? I think I'd polish the cross if I had one.
thanks, Rich
Rich I bought the SAK off of Ebay. “sakmodder” is the builder. They are still available along with another model.

I am tripping on those scales Knives and Lint posted. Last time I tripped I pulled a hamstring, bruised my ribs and messed up my shoulder. 🤪

qi0dY5h.jpg

Wait for it?...

Wait for it?...

wAU00cM.jpg

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣🤩🤪

I so need this

The 485 Valet has arrived, and it's a marvelous little knife!
It's already in my pocket, and is going to be my EDC for at least a year...
(Until the Mnandi shows up...)

Attachments

• 10-01-2021.jpg
    10-01-2021.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back