• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Review Excellent quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, I got this a long time ago on azck and didn’t know who made it. It is very well made. I just re-read that Beware thread though, and you really can’t minimize the fact that he actually decided to threaten this guy, in writing, over requests to buy something. That is really disturbing behavior and you can’t just sweep it under the rug, and it comes across as if that’s what you’re doing in this thread. Personally I think there’s some novelty in owning a product that was made by a psycho, especially if it’s a product whose purpose is to hurt people. But I honestly think Foster owes that guy a sincere apology, and it would go a lot further than pointing the finger at the guy who supposedly “annoyed” him into making credible disturbing threats.

All I’ve been saying, is that I’ve had very positive dealings with the guy, were super nice to me when they had no reason to be, and he and his sap making brother (who had 0 part in any of this) make great stuff.
That’s all.
It wasn’t my intention to revive anything old and ongoing.

Is your arm tired yet?
seriously, I’m just trying to put out some positive experience.
Negativity sells.
It spreads faster.
Reading glowing reviews about stuff is boring, and usually not very informative.
I can’t find anything wrong at all of the products I’ve gotten from either of the brothers. And as I’ve been saying, they both been super nice to me.

This is an interesting counterpoint to the other thread. However emailing threats to remove negative posts or he should "watch his back," along with pictures of the poster and his wife, is seriously unhinged.

The big take away of the linked thread is that Scott was unable to control his tongue and when dealing with customers or potential customers it is a crucial skill and one that can be very damaging. I think in that regards that linked thread is very valid I won't get into the rest of it as I am just an observer but there is clearly poor behavior on Scott's part and as a business it isn't something that just gets shrugged off.

Sooo the gist of this thread is that you like your fancy coin purses that seem like a pain to buy and don't piss off the cop brother who might threaten potential clients. But the other brother is nice and sends out birthday presents. All of this and no pictures!

Basically you're interested in stuff that I have little interest in the last 20 years. I used to think stuff like that was cool, but in many cases they are illegal to carry per my understanding. But it really doesn't matter one way or the other as I wouldn't be ordering anything from the Foster Bros regardless these days. If a business bad mouthed me directly or indirectly when it was not merited, I wouldn't have much good to say about them. In my business, that would mean they get no referrals and no positive comments as to their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back