Excitement builds....

I contacted Kailash Blades with a couple of questions, and, within 3 hours, Radhe came back with a couple of answers. That kind of customer service is telling! Just got my Kailash order confirmation, so, to make a long story short, I'm now waiting on a Regent Bowie! Raw finish, copper fittings, buffalo horn handle, and lower guard curved forward. It's been a long time since I have bought a big knife, really looking forward to this one.....

Great to hear - I am waiting on a Socket Bowie and a Regent Bowie - plus a some Khukri's. Should be done in about 2-3 weeks and then the agonizing wait for shipping.

It's been a long time since I had a knife made for me. I buy handmade pieces mostly, but usually off of a table at a gun show. Custom is definitely more fun, but the wait is a killer. Still, two months is WAY better than 5 years for a Randall!

Edit: OK, two months, plus however long it takes for shipping. "Probably" better than 5 years for a Randall. Hopefully...

Last edited:
R Recce , you're waiting on a pretty good haul! How is your Regent Bowie configured?

Off topic: I'm honored! Almost twenty years on the forum, and only 74 posts. A man of few words, and good taste in bladeware, if I do say so myself. An admirable trait, in any era.

Great to hear Radhe's been able to help you out! THanks for the support as well.
The wait is always the hard part, but it makes finally getting the knife so much sweeter- if you are feeling a bit restless and looking for an updated timeline don't be afraid to reach out to bisnu at operations@kailashblades.com. Not as quick at the draw as Radhe or I with emails but he's got the info you need.
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash

Thanks! I'm far from the most communicative person you're likely to run into, but I will be in touch. I like big knives, and I like 5160, the Regent Bowie is a win/win. But, in all honesty, it was a tough choice over the Regent Long Knife.
REALLY tough! The Long Knife is more practical for most people, I think, including myself. But, I am not above carving a turkey, or a roast, or a cake, with one of my outdoor knives, or fighters!

At the end of the day, a knife is just a tool for cutting stuff. There's no reason why it can't look good, or even BAD-ASS, while doing so!

Last edited:
Sweet! There's nothing like opening a package you've been waiting on! Soon enough, it will be my turn, but just the one knife. For now...!

Recce. That's a term most Americans are not familiar with. Aussie? Brit? S. African? Or, just a bit more educated than most of us Yanks?

I enjoy history - and read about South Africa and Rhodesia - and the multiple conflicts during 60's-70's

Myself, as well. I have a Shaka Knives Cheetah fighter, made in Mutare, Zimbabwe, bought about '92. My pride and joy, however, is a blued sterile Peter Bauchop Witch, likely made in the late 70s for a fighter in the Rhodesian civil war. Reading Soldier of Fortune magazine in the early 80s was a good way to learn about custom fighting knives...

Good to hear! Mine isn't started yet, they're a little backed up. But, I am patient.

That'll change when they tell me mine has shipped!

going to have some well-traveled blades. I am following the package - so far Kathmandu to UAE to Bahrain to Germany (two stops) now onto London!!! Next stop Cincinnati

Back