Exciting news for Swamp Rat! . . . . Voodoo Is In The Swamp!

Jerry Busse

. . . . After many hours of heavy drinking and deliberation, Jennifer, Garth, Dan, and I have come to the conclusion that Swamp Rat Knife Works needs a complete and total revamping.

A fresh restart with a new leader. That new leader will be Voodoo! . . . . He has a real name, we just don't use it! LOL

So, who is "Voodoo"? . . . . We jokingly started calling him the Voodoo Witch Doctor after he made several CNC programs and operations that defied all logic, and yet, somehow, made perfect parts, all within spec, at record times! His CNC skills are crazy cool and off the charts!

Here's a little Voodoo history:

After serving in the U.S. Navy, Voodoo entered the world of robotics fabrication and manufacture. He then moved on to highly detailed machining in the aerospace industry. Voodoo is a highly self-motivated innovator and has been our VMC Commander for quite some time now. He single-handedly revamped our entire CNC facility after we gave him a green light to do so over a year ago. We were blown away by the bold and innovative moves he made not just on paper but elbows deep in grease and sheet metal.

These talents, coupled with his overwhelming love of knives, have us all fired up to see the new levels of precision machining and manufacture that he will bring to the Swamp Rat line of knives.

We have given him free rein over the Swamp Rat line, so get ready for a wild one gang!

And welcome Voodoo to the Swamp!!!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Good to have you officially with us.

So where are the knives sawbones?......

lol

. . . . After many hours of heavy drinking and deliberation, Jennifer, Garth, Dan, and I have come to the conclusion that Swamp Rat Knife Works needs a complete and total revamping.

A fresh restart with a new leader. That new leader will be Voodoo! . . . . He has a real name, we just don't use it! LOL

So, who is "Voodoo"? . . . . We jokingly started calling him the Voodoo Witch Doctor after he made several CNC programs and operations that defied all logic, and yet, somehow, made perfect parts, all within spec, at record times! His CNC skills are crazy cool and off the charts!

Here's a little Voodoo history:

After serving in the U.S. Navy, Voodoo entered the world of robotics fabrication and manufacture. He then moved on to highly detailed machining in the aerospace industry. Voodoo is a highly self-motivated innovator and has been our VMC Commander for quite some time now. He single-handedly revamped our entire CNC facility after we gave him a green light to do so over a year ago. We were blown away by the bold and innovative moves he made not just on paper but elbows deep in grease and sheet metal.

These talents, coupled with his overwhelming love of knives, have us all fired up to see the new levels of precision machining and manufacture that he will bring to the Swamp Rat line of knives.

We have given him free rein over the Swamp Rat line, so get ready for a wild one gang!

And welcome Voodoo to the Swamp!!!

Let's Drink!

Jerry
Awesome! I can't wait to see your skills bud. Welcome to the Swamp 😁. I can't wait to see this. How much better can the tolerances even get. Excitement is not the word for it. I hope the first is an anorexic RMD 😍 or a Swamp Push Dagger!! (worth a shot lol)

Awesome! I can't wait to see your skills bud. Welcome to the Swamp 😁. I can't wait to see this. How much better can the tolerances even get. Excitement is not the word for it. I hope the first is an anorexic RMD 😍 or a Swamp Push Dagger!! (worth a shot lol)

That would be sweet! I’ve been wanting a FlatManDu (no scales, rounded edges), but an Anorexic would be a welcome addition. Heck, how thin can we go? Perhaps a RatMaxDu in Elmax?? Eh, we’ll probably see a RatMagDu in Magnacut first. Either way, it’s time to stand up next to a mountain, and chop it down.

Hello to all past, present, and future RATS!

First things first, a big THANK YOU to Jerry, Jennifer, Garth, Dan, and everyone else in the Busse Family for welcoming me onboard. Their faith and support in my capabilities as a machinist, a leader, and a knife enthusiast is greatly appreciated. It is an honor to be a part of making the toughest blades on the planet!

After some hard-fought battles to become who and what I am today, and some self-reflection, I am pleased to be taking up the mantle as the head of Swamp Rat Knife Works.

That being said, with the help of a few hard-working individuals, I will be taking Swamp Rat into some new and exciting directions. The standards of the past no longer apply here and you will be seeing some groundbreaking changes coming in the near future.

Swamp Rat Knife Works’ aim will be to create incredible blades that will survive the toughest abuse and still fulfill the demands of everyday use. Implementing the use of modern machining techniques, different materials, creative designs, and new-age standards- you will be hard-pressed to find a better, more affordable blade!

All pretenders and contenders will come to fear what is lurking deep in the swamp!

This is going to be fun!

Back