1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Existence of crucarta shaman confirmed

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by rxavage, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    I feel that way for portions of the day. The other portions I wilt.

On the other hand, what's the point of being comfortable if one can't enjoy his Spydies?

I guess the answer in this case, as in the situation where one is agonizing over the choice between two excellent knives, is to buy both.

King Solomon would be proud of my reasoning. :p

trevitrace and Nautique like this.
  2. Soulrack223

Soulrack223 Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2007
    I'd prefer black micarta but Cruwear would be my first choice for the blade steel. They need to release at least 1,200 of them IMO.

TenShun705 likes this.
  3. Va.koi guy

Va.koi guy

Sep 3, 2018
    Cruwear and micarta sounds like a winner to me

4. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    I've really been thinking about this one. Anyone have any idea when it might drop? That natural micarta...

TenShun705 likes this.
  5. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I’ve passed up the CF/S90V sprint in hopes that this one drops soon!

6. Freedom Pullo

Freedom Pullo Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I have been waiting for this one for a while. The brown micarta is light enough in color to dye (black/red?). It needs a stonewash finish IMO.

7. amateur blacksmith

amateur blacksmith

May 19, 2018
    I have an idea these will cost as much or more than the carbon fiber version. Spyderco aren't known for micarta.
    The only upside to this being as dear as poison is it might last for hours on the shelf rather than a few minutes.
    I want one.