Exposure

the display of knives that CALI send the images
the Applegate-Fairbairn..it´s a boker
http://www.crocblades.com/knives/boker-applegate-s-b-120543af.cfm

the first on the left cali named Benchmade Delta Raider, Buck 119 (120?)
i can´t identify

the 3 knives unidentified : the bad guy(raul cortez)...nickel silver engraving and ivory
handle....
the first in left on the table... Benchmade Delta Raider, Buck 119 (120?)

and the first knive of hermes in the street fight
CALI send one image of a joe kious sub hilt....who fits in the scene
but hermes/karyo uses an randall 15(smaller than the 14) in the lessons of perforate and cut..........i think

You can get this movie as a R2 DVD at www.amazon.com. Labelled "High Art".

Had a feeling this movie would be a favorite in blade forums. :) I'm hoping they will finally put it on bluray. R1 preferably. With a quality DTS HD 5.1 audio track and good HD video transfer.

Thanks Planterz for ID most of the knives. The 2nd is a Boker Applegate-Fairbairn...easy to find for $100-300 USD.

The Joe Kious Subhilt...only the ivory handle version is available. I'd love to find the dark brown handle version used in the film...or black.

Hermes ends up with the Randall No. 14. You can order that one for under $500.00.

The film was up on YouTube in it's entirety...But in very bad quality. Watchable but not exactly enjoyable. I saw this first years ago on VHS, and was sufficiently impressed to look up the book and read that...
It's quite different. The film pretty much follows the book up through the decision of the protagonist to undertake knife-training, but after becoming proficient he decides to abandon his notions of revenge and just puts his blade away in a drawer...

An old thread, but I don't think anyone answered the question. The "Head bad Guy", the "Boss" I believe used an A.G. Russel Sting with Ivory slabs. I have a Sting in Black Chrome because I couldn't afford the Handled versions (acquired a few years after watching the movie.).

we and joe corbetta ...we are trying to reproduce the villian knife...that of the brazilian great actor raul cortez use on the film
https://www.google.com/search?clien...j0j0i10j0i30.M0Ce2LQHUqU#imgrc=PWdP2rh_N8D8AM:

but the only thing i can catch about the movie was dan inosanto was the coordinator of the knife scenes
theres no material to consult about the film

i.m and joe corbetta...we are from brazil.....i saw the movie in cinema on the release date....and halucinated...kkkk.....i have an randall 14....and i´m trying to reproduce the villian knife ...but theres no other way to reproduce or get the story of the movie....the only way is to copy by the movie...theres no way to get original material...photos...more easy to catch the "holly grail"....thats the most beautiful"unknow" knife in movie history....kkkk

Last edited:
Jeez, this thread is so old we're talking about Hollywood Video and VHS tapes.

I saw the word "Exposure". Vastly disappointing discussion, for what I was thinking.

the knife of the bad guy(raul cortez)
was named as one roderick"caribou" chappel
by the autor rubem fonseca in the book
in the movie i can´t identify
there´s a nickel silver and ivory handle

the movie was striked(boycott)because the govern
close the embrafilme(govern film branch)and walter salles
was striked by the critic and teh newspapers...the movie
was aired only 7 days in the cinemas... i saw in the cinemas
but the movie make an "exterior distribuition" outside of Brazil..
in japan ...then in USA

Directed by: Walter SallesGenre: Drama,ThrillerCountry: Brazil,USALanguage: English,Portuguese,SpanishUser Rating: 6.2/10 (240 votes) Runtime: Spain:104 min | USA:99 minAwards: 2 winsCast (first 10): Peter Coyote, Tchéky Karyo, Amanda Pays, Raul Cortez, Giulia Gam, Eduardo Conde, René Ruiz, Tonico Pereira, Miguel Ángel Fuentes, Cássia Kiss

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101834/

you can catch the download links in google
i´ve the vhs original movie but the quality now is poor
because of the time(the vhs is older)

here you can see the knives and the fights
you tube links to exposure/high art:
http://www.videosurf.com/video/expo...-grande-arte-hermes-excerpt-part-ii-134522675
http://www.videosurf.com/video/expo...-grande-arte-hermes-excerpt-part-ii-134522675

i think the knives that Tchéky Karyo uses in the lessons are two:

first scene in the knife fighting in the street i think there´s the joe kious in the movie or some blade like blackjack knive...the blade is long like randall model one ....but its too fast to identify...but there´s an image of two angle
of reflection in the blade... like the sub hilted of joe kyous...but more long
than that hermes buy for a friend(in the movie ...on the scene of the display)

on the display....it´s a randall 14 ...but in the lessons i think they uses
karyo and coyote....a model 15......smaller
It's not the Randall anything. Only one brand of knives are used by each character. Hermes' knife is a utterly different from the Randall 15. The blade of Hermes' knife is much broader towards the knife guards than a Randall 15, and also the handle is more flat, ideal for concealment.
In this video in 4:40 you can see more details of the knife used by Hermes.

Back