Photos Fall/Autumn Traditionals

Nothing Says Fall Quite Like Stag
OdzgSPL.jpg

Texas in autumn looks fabulous, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Here's another of my recently-acquired new knives that accompanied me to the university ecosystem preserve on an unseasonably-beautiful November day last week. It's a Rough Ryder All-Stripes sowbelly stockman whose name is obviously derived from the bone/bolster treatment:
as.sow.mark.Vstand.trees.bridge.eco.jpg
as.sow.pile.Vstand.eco.jpg

- GT

What a beautiful day. :cool::thumbsup:
It sure was, John! :) I think we had 4 or 5 consecutive days that set all-time record high temps for those dates. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
GT, that striper should be plenty grippy! :thumbsup:
I think you're right, Jeff. :thumbsup: It's interesting jigging. I like randomly-jigged bone handles, but I also like very uniformly-patterned handles such as Alox, and checkered wood and bone, and scratted designs. So I like the striping on the bone of my new RR sowbelly (the striped bolsters, not so much :rolleyes:).

Here's another photo of the RR Tobacco Road canoe without the giraffe:
TRcanoe.mark.Vstand.ecopond.jpg

- GT

I hate to give up on fall, since I detest what comes next! :eek:
So here's another photo of a knife that arrived at the end of October, a Rough Ryder cinnamon stag bone damascus canoe that came with me on a trip to the woods next to a baseball field:
csbd.mark.closed.branch.jpg
csbd.pile.Vstand.branch.jpg

- GT

Now that fall is upon us my carry is staring to change to knives that remind me of the time of year. Feel free to post pictures of your traditional folders that remind you of Fall/Autumn/Halloween whether it be from coloring(autumn jigged bone, orange, etc.), bladeshape(hawkbills remind me of fall/harvest time), or simple memories as long as it’s fall inspired. Let’s see some fall knives!
I'll weigh in with one.
3B1CD2550DA4462684E6A198CC2D9EB7.jpg

Back