**Fall Camp out** Sept 23-26

Mrs.Shotgunner11

This is creeping up fast! I can't wait. It's always nice to hang out with everyone.

Wanted to start a new thread about the camp out since the other one got side tracked.

The trip is planned for Thursday Sept. 23 to Sunday Sept. 26. Were having it at Lake Stubblefield in Sam Houston National Forest in New Waverly, TX.

We are having a communal dinner on Saturday night.

We will have a trade blanket on Saturday afternoon. Bring any outdoor related items you'd like to trade
Knives, gear, ect.

We will also be having some giveaways. Of course we are going to have fun with that one.

Oh yes! Very important. Bring water storage. There is no running water at camp. You have to drive 1/4 mile to fill your water storage containers. That is also where the bathroom is.

There is no actual fee for the area we camp in. We do strongly encourage you make a donation to the state park. This helps pay for the facilities, staff at the main campground and the park police.

**please know that you are responsible for the people you bring with you. If you are traveling with children it is YOUR duty to have them away from the campfire at night if you do not want them subjected to adult humor.**

So far these are the people I KNOW will be there.

Shotgunners- 5
w/ 3 girls ages 8, 6, and 2
Texas Tony- 4 (possibly 5)
w/ 2 boys 12 ish yrs old and possibly 1 girl 6/7 yrs old
Cricketdave- 2
w/ one girl 17
Drew- 2?
no kids
Shawna- 4
w/ 2 boys 11 and 9
1066vik-1?
no kids
Otis Williams-2
no kids
Buckles- 2
no kids
Quick kill-1?
? kids
Rodloos-1
no kids

Saturday breakfast-
Shotgunners- 1 pack Bacon, pancakes, dozen eggs
Cricketdave- pack of bacon, hashbrowns

Saturday dinner-
Appetizers-

Artichoke dip w bread- David

Main course-
Chicken n vegetable stir fry- me
Bratwursts- Buckles

Desserts-
Chocolate strawberry cobbler-me

If you have questions contact me at katie@eseeknives.com

Last edited:
If I can be there, I will - still don't have my training dates.
Also trying to convince SWMBO that she wants to tag along.

When reading the post I was thinking that would be kewl but I have kids and was thinking the crowd would be adult only and not kid friendly:D..

I'd like to come if Its an open invitation, (since I don't know anyone here).. If so I'll talk to my wife and see what we come up with time-wise, I KNOW she will be all in for the facilities factor.

There would be 5 of us, me, wife, 8yr old girl, 2 boys, 6 and 3..

Rob

its a very open invitation to anyone who enjoys camping and knives. we generally have a great time and there is lots to do in the woods. we also have a trade blanket.

take care and come on out.
cricket

It's an open invite - they're very friendly folks.
for example - they let me show up for the one in March...
got some good schwag off the trade blanket, too!

Yes the invitation is open to everyone.

As far as facilities. If we camp in the secluded area with no facilities there are ways to make camp potties out of 5 gallon buckets and you can get camp potties for reasonable. That's what we'll be doing. We'll also get one of those outside showers to wash down with.

Thelastdaze- our kids are close in age. I'm sure they'd have a blast! The campfire at night does get adult. Once the sun goes down and we sit around and drink people are responsible for removing their children from the fire if you don't want them to be around the adult content.

By the end of day 1 you'll feel like your amoungst family. We have a great, very laid back time hanging out, BSing and eating.

We would love to see some new faces mixed in along with the older ones.

go ahead and put me on the "hopefully" list... if i can make it, i'll bring liquid apple pie... and i could make a mushroom salad for one of the meals... i'm not much of a cook.

Somehow I missed this post.

I'm planning on being there! I'll take a vacation day for Friday -- maybe even Thursday as well! What time do y'all plan on being there Thursday?

I'll see if I can't snag some more firewood from my brother-in-law again, although I'm pretty sure we won't be needing to snuggle up to the fire for warmth! :)

Maybe I'll bring some brownies again if no one objects? :) I need to round up some water containers to bring extra water for washing etc.

ellie and i will be getting there around noon.

try to stake out plenty of room depending on where we end up at. mike, tony and i are going to scout out some area's this weekend.

cricket

Somehow I missed this post.

I'm planning on being there! I'll take a vacation day for Friday -- maybe even Thursday as well! What time do y'all plan on being there Thursday?

I'll see if I can't snag some more firewood from my brother-in-law again, although I'm pretty sure we won't be needing to snuggle up to the fire for warmth! :)

Maybe I'll bring some brownies again if no one objects? :) I need to round up some water containers to bring extra water for washing etc.

Sounds good. I'll NEVER object to brownies. Save me a corner! Don't let David eat them all!

ellie and i will be getting there around noon.

try to stake out plenty of room depending on where we end up at. mike, tony and i are going to scout out some area's this weekend.

cricket

Pick me a good spot! I'm not sure what time we'll be there. I have class and haven't decided if I'm going to skip out early or not.

If you guys still do these outings in a few years I'll save the money for a plane ticket down! Sounds like you guys have a blast each time, unfortunately university is preventing my time off. Hope you all have fun!

HA I live maybe 20 minutes from SH National Forest! Sadly that's right after my first week of school and I'm also going to end up working :thumbdn:

This sounds like a blast I'd love to come if I get the chance...

I have class and haven't decided if I'm going to skip out early or not.

umm, if it pertains to nursing I'd say NOT.. !! hard and stressful enough, you may skip something/lecture/procedure that may throw you for a loop to catch up..

thinking out loud, man I hate when I do that..

Rob

umm, if it pertains to nursing I'd say NOT.. !! hard and stressful enough, you may skip something/lecture/procedure that may throw you for a loop to catch up..

thinking out loud, man I hate when I do that..

Rob

It's just A&P II. I'll be fine if I skip out early. I WON'T leave if we're dissecting something though I will not be leaving.

Back