**Fall Camp out** Sept 23-26

I sure hope we get a little rain between now and then so we don't have a fire ban, that fire was a lot of fun.

Shotgunner uses a BIG match for the fire:
fire1.jpg

Just in case the fire wasn't big enough:
fire2.jpg

(1066vik contributed a bit of fatwood to the fire :) ) Notice no one is snuggling right up the the fire :D.

Who's gonna shoot the pig to roast on the fire?

Ive really been thinking about coming this year Katie. Coming from Cali, I'll have to fly in would that be an issue at all? Other than that I'll send you an email to go over exactly what i would need to bring along.

Ive really been thinking about coming this year Katie. Coming from Cali, I'll have to fly in would that be an issue at all? Other than that I'll send you an email to go over exactly what i would need to bring along.

Not at all. With my schedule it would be best if you flew in on Wednesday sometime and flew out either Sunday night or Monday. Just email me and we'll make arrangements.

thought i would post a few pics of the area for the campout. there are trails to explore, fishing if you like and fun goofing off at the camp.

24993_1435425612099_1426711158_31115312_1486519_n.jpg

23618_1387925424624_1426711158_31015048_2612757_n.jpg

23618_1387925504626_1426711158_31015050_5153800_n.jpg

its a nice open area with the woods around us. bathrooms and showers are about 3/4 of a mile away. there will be a comunal meal and a trade blanket.

take it easy
cricket

Mike & Katie have my Tent ...put me closer to the action this year !

I think David's going to be the first there. I'm snagging the spot where Eric was. We'll put yours up in there somewhere. If the boys are going to sleep in the tent w/ my girls I'll put my big tent off a ways so they don't get woken up by our laughing at night.

Waahoooo!!!!! I am so excited for this! Me, my "accessory" :p, and my boys are ready to go! We camped there on Easter weekend and it really is a great spot.

School starts tomorrow and the count down for this begins! I'm gonna be a "bad" momma and take the boys out of school at noon on fri and then head that way. I believe Richard is taking thurs and fri off so he can get up there and get us a good spot. :)

Looking forward to seeing all the old faces and the newbies!

It's a lot of if's, but if things have settled down with my daughter, my wife is comfortable with it, and I can hitch a ride with Erik, put me down as a maybe? The last 2 months have been hell on me and mine.

Franki & I took Vacation Friday ,so we'll get there early Friday morning (before Noon),Trevor will be "sick from school" LOL and I'll have the boys a tent ..... ( hopefully )

Let's use this thread. It has the list of people coming in the first post. If you're not on it and want to be please let me know. If you're on it and don't want to be also let me know. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

We need to make a decision about meals. Would ya'll like 2 communal meals or 1? We were considering having 1/2 people cook friday night and 1/2 cook on Saturday night. Input would be greatly appreciated!

I think it should be two communal meals, that way everybody gets a night "off".

Richard

Two communal meals sounds OK to me, even though I'm a picky eater :) I can't eat spicy things like some of y'all like it, but I'll manage.

What would you like me to contribute to the meal? You think it would be worth it if I brought a wood smoker and a brisket? Shouldn't be as expensive as CricketDave's last brisket was for him (burnt house and all :) )

The smoker/grill is a bit heavy, but it would be easier to keep a steady temp while it's cooking than trying to grill it directly over the fire all day while other things are going on... or maybe I can find a smaller portable smoker between now and then... or what else should I bring? Did someone say bacon? :D

I'll bring a folding table also, and try to remember to bring some water jugs, since there is no running water there.

Rod that sounds AWESOME! We were talking about that the other day but we don't have a smoker. Just don't let david near it and don't put it near his tent. lol

You KNOW I bought bacon. lol

Back