Votes: 3 3.5%
  • CPM 154

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • CPM S35VN

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
knife-steel-chart-copyright.jpg

A2, and 52100 out of list.

CR V2 has beem significantly more rust resistant then those 2 for me.

I I much prefer a steel that is sharpenable in a number of situations with whatever is on hand. And carbon steel is apparently easier to sharpen for most of the people that I know. We're as stainless steel, is not as easy for beginners and mid-level people

What about trying out new super amazing etv etc. steel called magnacut?
It has pretty much everything, stainless, high edge retention, toughtness and etc.

Imagine HRC 65 steel with toughness like CPM 4V, edge retention between s30v and s90v and stainless live 20cv. Plus fine microstructure = great grindable steel and on top of all this wide variety of heat treat recipies.

I guess it's one of new modern stainless and all around steel which can be used from small pocket knife to kitchen knife and to chopper without any issues.

I like high carbon low alloy steels like white paper, blue paper and Roselli UHC steel.

AEB-L...it's relatively cheap, kinda stainless, easy to sharpen.

But having stated that, almost any steel can be my most (or least) favorite depending on heat treat, quench, anneal, etc.

Pepperoni pizza's my favorite pizza unless it's from Pizza Hut, because their sauce gives me heartburn...make sense?

Back