Off Topic Favorite cheapo knife

Kershaw/Emerson Cqc7k or cqc8k.

KE-6034T.jpg

Kershaw-Emerson-CQC-8K-6044TBLK-Large.jpg

Lately it's been these 14" m̶a̶c̶h̶e̶t̶e̶s̶ watermelon slicers. Bought a handful of them on closeout for $3. each, delivered.

Edit: The vendor of these knife-like objects will remain un-named. They switched to (rather nice) Colombian machetes. I'm a gardener and I like garden tools. Whack a rock, no problem. Grind it down and go on.

i12714pli.jpg

Last edited:
Kershaw Volt II, any one of em. Around $30, thick liner lock, nice pocket clip.....and they kinda remind me of the ZT 0450’s, except the A/O. Great knife, probly my favorite for the price.

Hello what is your favorite cheapo knife (this is the first thread I have made tell me if did anything wrong)

You did nothing wrong by any stretch but you'll get more useful answers to your question if you can narrow down your interests more.

Fixed blade, locking folder or slip joint?

If a folder, how big and how do you want to carry it? Front pocket loose, front pocket with a clip, on a belt in a holster, or rear pocket?

What kind of style interests you? Modern? Traditional?

You're currently getting answers at all points of the compass.

You did nothing wrong by any stretch but you'll get more useful answers to your question if you can narrow down your interests more.

If a folder, how big and how do you want to carry it? Front pocket loose, front pocket with a clip, on a belt in a holster, or rear pocket?

If you read the OP, you’ll see he is asking what is your favourite cheap knife. Have at it, pinnah: what’s your favourite?

For me it is the utilitac II. Fantastic knife for $25.

v0fmqxi.jpg

Sanremu 9103 is fantastic for the price.

Yay! Another cloner! I'm sure legit makers you buy from here love to see this....

The question is only as complicated as the person who asks wants to make it. This isn't a recommendation thread where some of that stuff might matter. Perhaps the op is trying to start a discussion of cheap knives, not constrained be any sort of "compass".

Steel Will Cutjack in D2 is the best $40 knife out there IMO. The Kershaws Leek is also a cool little blade for around the same $$$.

Also hard to beat a $15 Mora Companion for a fixed blade and a $35 Case Trapper (synthetic scales) for a traditional.

Back