Off Topic Favorite cheapo knife

The Ruike P121 is a pretty amazing knife for $34.95. Flips smooth as silk, has a perfect lockup, and the fit & finish is on a par with any $150 dollar knife I own.

ruike-hussar-p121-g.jpg

I really like my CRKT Noma, flat grind, very sharp, light weight, locks up tite. Here are details and photos. 2815
NOMA™
Designed by Jesper Voxnaes in Loegstrup, Denmark

The Noma™ is a folding knife rooted in its Scandinavian hunting heritage and is the envy of butchers everywhere. Its big-belly blade design and burly, ergonomic shape makes it a go-to if you’re going after big game.
  • Satin Blade Finish
  • Nail Nick Opening
  • Classic Lock Back Design
SPECIFICATIONS
Blade Length 3.317" (84.25 mm)
Blade Edge Plain
Blade Steel 8Cr13MoV, HRC 58-60
Blade Finish Satin
Blade Thickness 0.110" (2.79 mm)
Closed Length 4.497" (114.22 mm)
Weight 4.6 oz
Handle Glass Reinforce Fiber Polyamide
Style Folding Knife w/Lock Back Safety
Overall Length 7.875" (200.03 mm)
EnAUUj8.jpg

0KVzaSJ.jpg

evFP4Sl.jpg

My one and only flipper, and I like it. Price was right ($0 with purchase of cigars) and with a name like this how can it not be good?

I have carried this knife and it isn’t bad at all! It isn’t as nice as my 0850, but it works. The blade shape is perfect! I paid $7 for the twin pack (one is a replaceable blade utility knife). The only gripe I have is the button lock to open it.

BD442C27-DD88-4572-A93C-D33562E03ED6.jpeg

Cold Steel Grik...around $35. I also like the CS Tuff Lite, but wish they had a version with some curve to the edge.

Pffft...These can be had for $40 combined.
You'd have an outstanding fixed/folder combo that you can take outside and use!
And outperform some blades 4x their cost.
6i49cz.jpg

This is my Cheapo lineup. Prices top to bottom are $55.,$45., and $19.95. I found the SOG AEGIS to be the best EDC work knife/flipper by far and with a little love and lube it makes for a great solid feeling slicer with that Thin flat grind. I have bought 4 of them in the last month for myself and gifts. Iv'e also been playing around with Flame Ano, They make for great Cheap gifts.
MHNdp7R.jpg
Gave this one to my Apprentice, He loved it
tBZ2y3k.jpg

Too many to choose from out of the around 100 "cheap" (less than $60) knives that I own, but the 2 that I most like to carry are the Kershaw Natrix (7007) and CRKT Terrestrial about available for around $30-40 each.

Last edited:
I'm with SpySmasher, hard to go past an Opinel #8 for a cheap folder. Simple design, nothing much to fail. Its not one handed opening, and it doesn't have a fancy lock, but it cuts brilliantly. The only fault I could complain about is that after many years use the wooden handle can become a bit slick. I really should carve some finger grooves into it, but generally I prefer my more modern (and more expensive) folders these days.

A Thread for us Poor Folk! Or at least those of us who also like to keep some of our money in cash form! :)
Some of my favorite low budget, high value knives. Not a single contender to a ZT or CRK, but they don't claim to be.
Not a turkey in the bunch and I have at least one of each of these. Several are part of my EDC rotation.

Kershaw Hotwire <$10
Kershaw Atmos <$35
Opinel N08 <$20
Morakniv Companion <$20
Rough Rider Barlow <$20
CRKT Ruger LCK <$30
Old Timer Lil Finger <$20
Ontario RAT 2 <$30
Enzo Necker 70 <$45

Kershaw-Hotwire.jpg

Kershaw-Atmos.jpg

Opinel-N8.jpg

Mora-Companion-Blk-SS.jpg

Rough-Rider-Barlow.jpg

CRKT-LCK.jpg

OT-Lil-Finger-Walnut.jpg

Ontario-Rat2-8860.jpg

enzo-necker-70-white.jpg

For folder rough rider sowbelly stockman fixed,mora,and with prices going up not as many bit more selectI've purchases

Back