1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Favorite folders from American companies under $35

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by maximus83, Oct 26, 2017.

1. maximus83

maximus83

Nov 7, 2011
    Very good question. It gets complex with international ownership and manufacturing, to be sure. Maybe we should expand the OP to include knives "made" in America, regardless of who the parent company is, so that we can grandfather in our favorite Kershaw blades. Consider it done! :)

2. extrafury

extrafury

Oct 6, 2017
    Well, I am 11 months away from being alive for 35 years...

I don't know that I ever pocketed one as a kid but after saving up the heroic sum, at that age, it went with me on every fishing and camping trip. I did edc a cheapo butterfly knife I bought in NYC (of all places) for a while though. Switched that out as an adult though I never did grow out of vulgar.

3. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    You know, one blade that I don't hear much about anymore is the Gerber LST. I used to own an early one with an orange handle.
    Nice, small, lightweight folder.

4. Steve6387

Steve6387

Jul 1, 2013
    Another vote for the Buck 110, and the Rats 1 & 2.

I have also owned the Kershaw Cryo and while I loved the blade shape and size, the washers got all wonkey and the action got all grindey so... Never again.

5. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Where do you buy Dividends for under $35? haha

6. strategy9

strategy9 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2015
    ESEE Avispa & zancudo

Kershaw Scrambler, Japanese technicalities aside

Any of the Buck classics.

7. ThePeacent

ThePeacent

Sep 15, 2013
    wow forgot about that one.
    These are the good old Gerbers

[​IMG]

knives you could trust, use and rely on. Both the small and big Gators are excellent options :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

jbmonkey and unklfranco like this.
  8. OzarkJoe

OzarkJoe

Aug 31, 2017
    I think my favorite “budget knives” from a US company are the Spyderco Byrds. When I’m recommending a knife I found out what size they want and then direct them to either the Cara Cara, Meadowlark or Robin.

19-3ben likes this.
  9. 731Chopper

731Chopper Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2017
    It hovers around $35. I got mine for under $35 when it first came out. BHQ has it for $35.95 right now. I say that's close enough as it's one of my favorite knives.

10. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Yup! The Dividend is a really cool little knife.
    Joe