Favorite Westerns

I need expert help identifying a spaghetti western I saw many years ago. Facing another shootist, The Man With No Name carried four Colt Model 1851 Richards-Mason Conversions, two in belt holsters and two in his boots. The Richards-Mason Conversion was Colt's factory conversion of cap & ball Model 1851 Navy revolvers to fire .38 rimfire cartridges.

Richards-Mason.jpg

This was a real weapon used by Doc Holliday and others who favored the old 1851 Navy. The movie revolvers had been customized with thumb switches to eject the cylinders, and The Man With No Name had speed loaders up his sleeves with four replacement cylinders, giving him 48 rounds to obliterate his adversary and part of the town. Channel surfing cable many years ago, I surfed into this gunfight and was called away and never saw the rest. I haven't been able to identify the movie and I would like to see how it ended!

Last edited:
Just watched the remake of “The Magnificent Seven” from 2016 with Denzel Washington last night. Love that movie

I enjoyed reading all of the posts and was glad to see 'The Big Country' listed.

Sad to see 'The Professionals' unlisted. That was another great one. I have to believe that Fardan (Marvin) and Dolworth (Lancaster) were a little bit of a reference for Call and McCrae 20 years later.

Here are some of the most Iconic Theme Songs to Spaghetti Westerns ~ My Dad's Favorites are John Wayne Movies ~ Did you know John Waynes true first name was Marion Robert Morrison ~ Some Western Trivia ~

Back