Favorite YouTube Bushcrafters?

gamma_nyc

Gold Member
Hi,

Need your help finding some good YouTube bushcraft skill videos. Help a brother out and let me know your favorites!

thanks!

I'll be honest, I'm not particularly into bushcraft, but I do enjoy videos from Joe Robinet. His videos are typically pretty well done, he seems both skilled and willing to pass on knowledge, but also humble and ready to learn. I will say that I watch them because they're more narrative journeys about the trips he's taking than they are intensive how-to kind of stuff, which may be more what you're looking for.

This chap hasn't done anything in a while, but for jungle skills he is very good.
https://www.youtube.com/user/junglecrafty/videos

I too have enjoyed Joe Robinet's videos. More for getting to see a trip and the application of some skills than for learning specific skills. His videos from four or fives or more years ago are more individual skill based, where most of the recent ones have been longer trip based stories.

Looking at what I watch, I find that I tend not to watch "bushcraft" channels so much. I will look for videos that show very specific skills, or will look at expedition and trip videos, but not so many bushcraft channels that show trips or over-night camps.
So I like
https://www.youtube.com/c/LostLakes/videos

Nobody mentioned Dutch Bushcraft Girls? I mean, Dutch Bushcraft Knives? They're good for a laugh, and occasionally show bushcraft ingenuity.

Actually I watch Becky from Girl Outdoors alot, I find her videos very relaxing.

I'm leaning more towards entertainment youtubers rather than skill based Haha, dont take my suggestions too seriously.

Oh! How about Survivorman with Les!

He recent started dumping a bunch of his old vids on youtube for free, definitely worth a watch. Especially like his different ways to get fresh water (he does drink his own pee one time).

Great suggestions! I'll be busy lol

The ones I watch the most:

Joe Robinet, his videos are just entertaining for some reason. Although I have to admit, the peddling of sponsors crap is annoying. But a guy has to make a living,,,,

Coalcracker Bushcraft, he has a lot of good tips and tricks.

Corporals Corner, a lot of good tips in his older vids. He builds some cool stuff in his new vids, even though him and joe have some kind of feud going on,,,,

I love D
Nobody mentioned Dutch Bushcraft Girls? I mean, Dutch Bushcraft Knives? They're good for a laugh, and occasionally show bushcraft ingenuity.

Actually I watch Becky from Girl Outdoors alot, I find her videos very relaxing.

I'm leaning more towards entertainment youtubers rather than skill based Haha, dont take my suggestions too serious

I'm leaning more towards entertainment youtubers rather than skill based Haha, dont take my suggestions too seriously.
I love DBK,not necessarily for their bushcraft skills(and that’s definitely not to say they don’t know what they are doing or anything like that) but like you said,they are good for a laugh..them guys are hilarious to me,very entertaining..they may not be everyone’s cup of tea or style of humor but they definitely keep me laughing

The ones I watch the most:

Joe Robinet, his videos are just entertaining for some reason. Although I have to admit, the peddling of sponsors crap is annoying. But a guy has to make a living,,,,

Coalcracker Bushcraft, he has a lot of good tips and tricks.

Corporals Corner, a lot of good tips in his older vids. He builds some cool stuff in his new vids, even though him and joe have some kind of feud going on,,,,
I’ve never seen Joe Robinet but I like Coalcracker Bushcraft and Corporals Corner...I like the Grey Bearded Green Beret as well

Brooke Whipple of "Girl in the woods" is very cool to watch PLUS she's been on "Alone" twice so her skills speak for themselves.

Back