Favorite YouTube Bushcrafters?

'Lots of good suggestions thus far, but my vote goes to "The Grey Bearded Green Beret".......

Greg Ovens, Joe Robinet and the Baird brothers are my favorites. Coalcracker gets a nod too.

In addition to many of the above mentioned sites that I enjoy and learn from ...

FAR NORTH
Location - Alaska: 373K subscribers 329 videos
Truly DIY functional bushcraft demonstrated clearly in thoughtful tone. Lonnie enjoys teaching and it shows - will often undo and re-tie knots for viewer. From Snow Ice Cream (dry ingredients plus snow in a baggie!) to making and uses of toggles for tensioning and rope-stops and diy camp furnishing, mallet-making, fire, shelter ... plus, plus, plus. Solid camera work. Leisurely ... PS I could lose the occasional episode such as "Remote Alaska Cabin" where Lonnie and Connie listen to an old radio show featuring Jimmy Stewart .... but then I wouldn't have seen the bear bites on the cabin and outhouse :)

Far North Bushcraft And Survival

... and I second the recommendation for
LOST LAKES
Location - Canadian Backcountry, Northern Ontario: 216K subscribers 352 videos
Spectacular cinematography, superb editing - canoe split screen shots in white water. Wildlife. Jon lives the dream in the wilderness in all four seasons. Much solo hammock camping. He must love tech and he is good at it - occasional drone overviews of wilderness landscape.

Lost Lakes

"Bushcraft" seems to have too many rules around it. I just like being outdoors and enjoying outdoor activities without having to worry about defining it. With that in mind......I love watching Blackie Thomas.

Back