Feather DE blades FREE to a good home.

Oops again, I don't think I can receive PMs without a paid subscription. Magnaminous_G, email me please. laghaxx at yahoo dot com. Thank you.

Tom, Thats not the case. Its easy, just go back to the sign-up page and turn on your e-mail feature then its activated and you can then began to recieve e-mail. DM

Wow, feathers are like the best blades. super sharp, awesome shave. I would keep them.

Wow, feathers are like the best blades. super sharp, awesome shave. I would keep them.

Not everyone likes them, some like a smoother shaving blade. I myself prefer Israeli Persona Reds, still plenty sharp, but much easier on the skin. It is hard to deny that Feathers are king of the sharp pile though.

The Persona Reds gave me a new sympathy for the Palestinian cause because I too have known Israeli aggression.

One man's poison is another man's food.

I Just ordered my first de setup.

Got the jagger de89 razor and a box of
Astra sp blades. Just got bigelow cream and
Now waiting for the lijun fine badger brush.

Hope I don't cut myself too badly

I Just ordered my first de setup.

Got the jagger de89 razor and a box of
Astra sp blades. Just got bigelow cream and
Now waiting for the lijun fine badger brush.

Hope I don't cut myself too badly

Use very light pressure. Go slowly.

i couldnt wait for the brush....just used regular foam shaving cream and used the DE razor....not very scary and it did a nice job. i think if i am not in a rush, i could get to like this shaving ritual.

Contrary to popular belief DE shaving is not dangerous. It was the marketing guys that convinced everyone that DE razors were gouging men's faces to death. Let the weight of the razor do the work and just guide it across your face at the proper angle and you will be fine. If you use pressure like you would for an electric or cartridge razor you will get irritation and the odd weeper. A good nick actually takes effort to get with a safety razor. Any nick I have gotten has been a result of me not paying attention to what I was doing and putting the razor outside the shaving area:eek: I have caught my nostril a couple of times while rushing, and I got a good one on my ear along side the side burn area thanks to a bur on the end of a blade and that is it in the time I have been DE shaving.

A DE takes more time to shave with than a cartridge, but not that much once you get things down, instead of 10 minutes to shave it will take 15-20 and the results are well worth the extra 5-10 minutes per shave. With your first few shaves take your time and don't rush it and you should have an enjoyable experience:thumbup: I started with a EJ 89L and it is a great razor and could be the only one you ever feel the need to own.

I agree, the 15-18 min. range is were my shave usually runs. I'm at shave # 24 on a single Feather blade and have enjoyed a nice close shave on them all. DM

DE razors are also known as "safety razors." Knicks and cuts are few and minor.

And as for time, from first turn of the faucet to last wipe of the towel, I am consistently just under twelve minutes.

24 shaves on a single blade? I need to try these Feather blades. I can scweek out about 7 on the Derbies witch are the only blades I've used for about the last 3 years. Before that I just used what I could get locally, Personna I think it was, and I got about 6 shaves on them.so haven't really tried very many brands of blades at all. Truth is I'm thinking about just getting another bulck pack of blades but this time I may try a few brands out first instead of just picking a brand without trying them first like I did last time. Is there really much difference between blade brands? I mean really sharp is going to cut hair and dull isn't, I'd think edge holding should be pretty darn simular as well. Really didn't notice a big difference between the Derby and Personnas. But maybe not if the feather gives 24 shaves.

24 shaves on a single blade? I need to try these Feather blades. I can scweek out about 7 on the Derbies witch are the only blades I've used for about the last 3 years. Before that I just used what I could get locally, Personna I think it was, and I got about 6 shaves on them.so haven't really tried very many brands of blades at all. Truth is I'm thinking about just getting another bulck pack of blades but this time I may try a few brands out first instead of just picking a brand without trying them first like I did last time. Is there really much difference between blade brands? I mean really sharp is going to cut hair and dull isn't, I'd think edge holding should be pretty darn simular as well. Really didn't notice a big difference between the Derby and Personnas. But maybe not if the feather gives 24 shaves.

db, They all may be about the same in edge holding. The way I manage to get 24 shaves is by stropping it after 6 shaves. I think your right, if you like the shave it gives continue using them. The Feather blades come sharp out of the package. I've found some rough too. Yet, a little stropping does wonder in smoothing them up. On another blade I got as high as 40 shaves. DM

That is a pretty good idea. I never thought of stropping a DE blade. Hand hits head.

Thank you db. You'd be surprised how many DE shavers have never thought of utilizing this simple technique, even in shaving forums. DM

Back