[Feb] Flatgrinder's Bubble Jig and some thing to grind on.

Fred,

No real secret to the choices of numbers. I waited until it was close to the end of the drawing, wrote down the numbers that had been picked, then looked for the biggest space between 2 numbers that had already been picked. In my case it was the space between 175 and 209. (looking back I accidentally though someone had picked 200 which is why I picked 187). You then pick the number that is right in the middle of those. Then you have the biggest spread of numbers that you could win with. In my case I should have picked 192. Any number that comes up between 184 and 200 would be a winner for me and 185 and 201 would result in a tie. That gives me a 17 number spread that is solely mine and an additional 2 numbers that I would tie with, essentially giving me 19 numbers or 3.8% of the total numbers for myself. It made a lot more sense to pick that rather than lets say 214 which only gives you 1 winning number (214) because someone had already picked 213 and 215.

Whew!! (breath) Therefore the other 2 largest spreads that were available when I posted was a opening between 451 and 475 and between 475 and 495. Turns out the person who picked the 475 had a spread of 22 to themselves, and with the 2 "tying" numbers had a total of 24 numbers or 4.8% of the available numbers. So even though there were around 150??? or so entries 8.6% of them were covered by 2 people.

The person who picked 214 could have just as easily won even though they only had 1 number covered but I wanted the best chance at winning the sweet sweet prize. Oh well, prob have to buy one now :D

As the owner of 475, I wasn't too happy with you announcing the numbers that would crowd me out before the deadline.

nobody took them so no harm, no foul.

ps - I know it's not that big of a deal, it's just gambling, after all. :) But in gambling, any advantage taken away from you by the "house" hurts a little.

Sorry, good thing it was near the end and there were not too many people left to enter. As it turns out no one picked any thing close to you and someone ended up picking close to me. No way to predict these things. Again very sorry didn't really even consider your pick. I feel like a big dufus now. :thumbdn: to me

Back