February 2024 Buck of the Month (BOTM) - 110 S30V Drop Point Long Pull, Barehead Marbled Carbon Fiber, Pocket Clip

Received mine, this morning.

Recovering from PRK surgery, so I cannot fully appreciate it just yet. Hell, I can just barely see well enough to type this out.

Feels great on the hand and pocket. Installed a stainless Qwik style stud. Yes, I know, blasphemy. I'm a monster.

Received mine, this morning.

Recovering from PRK surgery, so I cannot fully appreciate it just yet. Hell, I can just barely see well enough to type this out.

Feels great on the hand and pocket. Installed a stainless Qwik style stud. Yes, I know, blasphemy. I'm a monster.
You had surgery in the People's Republik of Korea? You are lucky to be alive! :cool:

Just arrived. Looks pretty good...
View attachment 2496431

But...
View attachment 2496432

I've received a few less-expensive knives from Buck that look like this and let it go, but this one is touching the frame. 😞
I get it.
I was really liking that and as I scrolled down to look at it, I had your same reaction.

It's hard enough to decide to spend that kind of money.
And then receive that.

It's easy for folks to say it's not a big deal, yet I doubt anyone would chose that knife out of a box full of them.

Last edited:
I get it.
I was really liking that and as I scrolled down to look at it, I had your same reaction.

It's hard enough to decide to spend that kind of money.
And then receive that.

It's easy for folks to say it's not a big deal, yet I doubt anyone would chose that knife out of a box full of them.
Just to add context:

Knife = $184.99 USD
Shipping= $25.00 USD
Conversion to CAD - $209.99 x $1.35 = $283.50
Duty & fees at the border = $40.00 CAD
Total knife cost in Canadian dollars $323.50

Buck needs to step up and make it right!! 🤨
John 🐉
I'm sure that they would. The tricky part is sending it back across the border. I can specify "warranty service" which should get it back to Buck easily but there is a real possibility that I'll get hit with another $40.00 when the repaired or replaced item comes back to me.

The other option might be to return for refund and file the Customs document to get a refund for the Duty & fees.

What makes me scratch my head is every 110 I’ve ever bought in a blister package from Walmart (there have been many) has been great both functionally and visually. I bought a bunch for 37 bucks, now they’re a bit more expensive. But the SFO, BOTM, and Stealth Runs have been a real crap shoot for me. When they’re good, there’s nothing better but I’ve had many disappointments.
Buck makes it right, but it’s still a drag.

Last edited:
Thank you Craig. No rush on any resolution. I'm not an unhappy customer. Just a bit disappointed. Matt and I will figure something out.

My 110 Stealth 5 was similar (I made an original thread and follow up). Matt took care of it, and it was only a 2 week door to door turnaround.

It stinks.. as the special runs get more and more expensive, customers tend to understandably have higher standards.

They will make it right, but it's frustrating.

DoqVnyk.jpg

Is it me or does this drop point drop more than a normal drop point. The tip seems just a little more centered on the blade. Maybe it's my eyes playing tricks. Or maybe I'm looking for a reason to kick myself for not getting one.

Back