Fiddleback community center

Joe Duder

Gold Member
Hey guys, I know this really isn't my forum to do this. I feel that it's all of ours, I hope this isn't inappropriate.

We all need help, smoke, advice, encouragement and positive reinforcement once in a while. We are also a species that loves and sometimes needs to share the moment with others. If you need or know someone who needs a boost, smoke, help, advice, prayers, or you just want to make an announcement, or you feel like chiming in to say your having a wicked good day, but you feel that your thoughts aren't worthy of its own thread, please feel free to post in here. There's a lot of good guys and girls in the sub. This sub is IMO one of the best in bladeforums and I'm proud to be a part of it. The people here have a wealth of knowledge, resources, and wisdom and they love sharing it with this community. They are also great listeners. So speaking for this community- We'd love to hear what you have to say. Please no political views.

I recently found out that a member passed away suddenly from depression. I respected this man and always looked forward to seeing his posts, jokes, debates and POV. I'd like to dedicate this thread to his memory.

Thanks guys.

Josiah

Remember- The light at the end of the tunnel may be you.

Good idea Josiah. We were made for companionship. God said that it wasn't good for Adam to be alone so He made Eve! We humans thrive on society and support. Isolation and bottling things up can lead to tragic circumstances. I know that it meant a lot to me as many of you encouraged me as we went through the last stages of our adoption. I only wish I had found all of you earlier on when we began the process and things were tough!

Excellent Idea Duder!

I'm turning 36 in five days and all I find myself wanting is a day (ONE) day with no phone calls, no chores, no nothing but maybe myself surrounded by a HUGE patch of woods. I've battled with depression for many years and it really does a body good sometimes just to talk to a unbiased person.

Thank You!

Excellent Idea Duder!

I'm turning 36 in five days and all I find myself wanting is a day (ONE) day with no phone calls, no chores, no nothing but maybe myself surrounded by a HUGE patch of woods. I've battled with depression for many years and it really does a body good sometimes just to talk to a unbiased person.

Thank You!

We can use those days once in a while. I've always loved getting outdoors and reflecting on the amazing beauty of God's creation! It can do a body good.

Hey Duder, I concur with the above statements. This is a great idea. As a matter of fact, I'm going through a divorce right now myself, though it's more of a relief than anything depressing or sad (no smoke needed). However, everyone hits the occasional dip, or reaches a peak at some point in their life and this is a great outlet for sharing. I agree that this is an unbelievable group of people who are willing to pitch in, no matter if help, or praise is warranted!

Good idea Josiah. We were made for companionship. God said that it wasn't good for Adam to be alone so He made Eve! We humans thrive on society and support. Isolation and bottling things up can lead to tragic circumstances. I know that it meant a lot to me as many of you encouraged me as we went through the last stages of our adoption. I only wish I had found all of you earlier on when we began the process and things were tough!

Thanks for supporting this thread man. I had it typed up, but it took me a while to press the post button. I wasn't sure how it would sit.

I know I was pulling for you and your family during the adoption. I'm glad it all worked out.

Excellent Idea Duder!

Thank You!

I've hit some real bad patches in my days too. My wife pulled me through some real dark spots man. I don't know where I'd be without that woman. I'd probably be just another pile of dog doo doo in a cantelope patch, drawing flys.

Thanks for supporting the thread.

Happy early birthday!

Duder, youre one of the good ones, remember that. Keep your head up, good things happend. Prayers for you and the soul of your friend. Depression is quicksand for the human condition. Sucks you in slowly and is really hard to get out of. Hold on to a friend/spouse/SO and let them pull you out.

My wife promised me a new puppy when we got a house. We bought a house a few months ago, so i'm getting really excited for the time to buy a new dog. I want a frenchie. Unfortunately, they are rare in San Antone and extremely expensive. Might be driving up to my folks in Dallas where they are more common.

David

Dcaggie06, I don't want to sound preachy, but please consider a rescue dog.

When my wife and I were going to get a dog, we originally wanted to buy one. We wanted a female puppy of a few specific breeds.

I thought going to a shelter would be too sad and depressing. I thought it over a lot and figured I had to at least visit a shelter and see what it was like. Oh, I was right and the shelters are very depressing :( The people who work/volunteer at them are saints.

We ended up adopting a male 1 1/2 year old miniature poodle mix (never considered a poodle originally). One of the best decisions I've ever made in my life (no hyperbole).

We have since adopted a 5 year old female schnoodle. It warms the heart to see the 2 of them play, especially when we remember what they were like in the shelter when we first met them.

Great idea, Joe. And to be honest, this should streamline things. A lot of us have started new threads when we had news to share. This gives us a central repository so we don't have to create new threads.

Michael

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and a fellow member.

Sending prayers.

Tod

Hey Duder, I concur with the above statements. This is a great idea. As a matter of fact, I'm going through a divorce right now myself, though it's more of a relief than anything depressing or sad (no smoke needed). However, everyone hits the occasional dip, or reaches a peak at some point in their life and this is a great outlet for sharing. I agree that this is an unbelievable group of people who are willing to pitch in, no matter if help, or praise is warranted!

That news sucks man. I'd say stay positive but it sounds like you're doing so already:thumbup:. It's good to see that some people know when to throw in the towel. It sound like it's for the best. Good for you guys.

Duder, youre one of the good ones, remember that. Keep your head up, good things happend. Prayers for you and the soul of your friend. Depression is quicksand for the human condition. Sucks you in slowly and is really hard to get out of. Hold on to a friend/spouse/SO and let them pull you out.

My wife promised me a new puppy when we got a house. We bought a house a few months ago, so i'm getting really excited for the time to buy a new dog. I want a frenchie. Unfortunately, they are rare in San Antone and extremely expensive. Might be driving up to my folks in Dallas where they are more common.

David

Thanks for the words brother.

Good luck finding a dog. Rescue dogs make great pets. It's almost like they understand what it means to be abandoned and end up being excellent dogs because they don't want that to happen again. It sad, but they really are good dogs that are given a second chance.

Dcaggie06, I don't want to sound preachy, but please consider a rescue dog.

When my wife and I were going to get a dog, we originally wanted to buy one. We wanted a female puppy of a few specific breeds.

I thought going to a shelter would be too sad and depressing. I thought it over a lot and figured I had to at least visit a shelter and see what it was like. Oh, I was right and the shelters are very depressing :( The people who work/volunteer at them are saints.

We ended up adopting a male 1 1/2 year old miniature poodle mix (never considered a poodle originally). One of the best decisions I've ever made in my life (no hyperbole).

We have since adopted a 5 year old female schnoodle. It warms the heart to see the 2 of them play, especially when we remember what they were like in the shelter when we first met them.

+1 on the rescue dog idea.

Great idea, Joe. And to be honest, this should streamline things. A lot of us have started new threads when we had news to share. This gives us a central repository so we don't have to create new threads.

Michael

Thanks man. Creating new threads for this type of stuff is encouraged. I know that there are some people that aren't so good at starting threads. Maybe they're shy, not good with words or maybe they don't feel they've been around this community long enough to start their own thread. Maybe those folks have something great to say or need help or advice or encouragement. That's what this thread is for, it's also for the forum elders to do the same.

Josiah, please know that I am praying for you. Getting through grief over the loss of a friend or a loved one is one of the hardest things we are faced with in this life. And we are always second guessing ourselves, no matter the cause of the loss, that we should or could have done more that might have prevented it. We are all only here for a short period of time. Take time to share here, share with those that you love, and fill your heart with gratitude for having the blessings of your family. Family has an incredible way of giving you what you need, when you need it.

Very cool idea. This is the best forum around! Everyone please feel free to ask if you need help with anything. I have been through alot myself in my short life and without my friends and family, I don't know how I would of made it.

Josiah, please know that I am praying for you. Getting through grief over the loss of a friend or a loved one is one of the hardest things we are faced with in this life. And we are always second guessing ourselves, no matter the cause of the loss, that we should or could have done more that might have prevented it. We are all only here for a short period of time. Take time to share here, share with those that you love, and fill your heart with gratitude for having the blessings of your family. Family has an incredible way of giving you what you need, when you need it.

Thanks Walter.

To be completely honest, me and this person were not friends. He probably saw my name around the forum but didn't really know me. I on the other hand new him, just from his posts. I respected what he had to say. When I'd visit his area of the forums and would see interesting or funny topics, I'd look forward to seeing his avatar and reading his POV. He was a cool honest man that had a lot of friends and it hurt to find out that he will not be around anymore.

Thanks Josiah for setting this up. You're a good man looking out for us and the Forum.

I want a frenchie. Unfortunately, they are rare in San Antone and extremely expensive. Might be driving up to my folks in Dallas where they are more common. David

I have a Frenchie. Great dog. Sleeps 22 hrs of a day. Snores and Poots like a 400lb dude. They are expensive because they require artificial insemination and C sections.

I have a Frenchie. Great dog.

I thought I spotted a Frenchie in the back of one of your photos yesterday Bonafide. My parents have one the same color, and he's a cool little guy. Very tender, yet feisty disposition. My dad enjoys taking him on trips to the Oregon Coast, because of all the women in swimsuits that lean down to pet him. So there's that...

Cool idea Duder. I for one have been really impressed with this sub-forum. When I first joined I wasn't sure what to expect, but it has turned out to be quite a neat place with a lot of really really neat folks. This kind of stuff IMO proves it.

+1 on the shelter dog. Mine is one of the best things I have in this world.

booface.jpg

bootent.jpg

boobryce.jpg

Dark days seem to come in bunches. At least that's been my experience. I have found that when its my turn for bunches, I have to pull back from the complexity in life and make things simple again. Easier said than done, I know. It's also not for everyone. For some, just the opposite is true. I have always found, for me, the answer was inside. I just needed to clear away the nonsense to see it. Often times an external trigger can help, but only if I'm ready for it. Most of us are really good at hiding it. Hard to see it from the outside. Practice kindness always. There is always someone out there that could use it.

Thanks to all who show kindness, here and on the street, it matters.

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend brother. Sending a quick prayer your way and the family of the gentleman who passed.

This is a great idea and I'm very interested to see this thread grow. I've had my share of dark times in my life, and reading through the post by others, it confirms again such is life. It's interesting when you are exposed to social media, that most of what we see are the good times that people have, which artificially masks the natural ups and downs that life has to offer. It's great to see us "strangers" voicing out support for one another, and I believe this is one of those times when the bad times can actually shine.

Back