Fiddleback User Weekend May 5-7, Hiawassee, GA - Schedule Posted

Additionally a cooler with beer and water, Tent MAJAL-Bag-Pad, Chair, Table, Stove, Clothes-Toiletries, and a few dozen knives for show, sell, trade.

i meant to take a pic of my load out tonight

but

i left all the crap i ordered at the shop that kylie doesnt know about..yet:eek:

I feel like this picture tells of many things to come.

I'm all packed. My suitcase is pretty full... probably bringing too much stuff. :D Planning on heading out early even though my flight isn't until noon MST. I'd rather sit at the airport than sit in rush hour traffic.

I packed a cigar. and my tobacco and pipe. And a camp chair. Nothing else matters.

Tony, don't forget a knife to cut off the end of your cigar. For those driving in, keep an eye out for the Fiddleback at Streak Hill Rd. It will lead you to the promised land.

Fiddleback Sign.jpg

Countdown mode. :thumbsup:

Stuff to checkoff the equipment list. Initially I was going to bring the motorcycle but the weather has me thinking otherwise. Upside to that is that I have a lot more freedom to bring non-necessities. :)

2017-05-04-hiawassee.jpg

Countdown mode. :thumbsup:

Stuff to checkoff the equipment list. Initially I was going to bring the motorcycle but the weather has me thinking otherwise. Upside to that is that I have a lot more freedom to bring non-necessities. :)

2017-05-04-hiawassee.jpg
I see you're bringing some CPK's to go along with your Fiddlebacks... I've been curious about checking out a Carothers knife to see how they feel in hand.

I see you're bringing some CPK's to go along with your Fiddlebacks... I've been curious about checking out a Carothers knife to see how they feel in hand.

Perfect. I know they can be a little hard to get and thought someone might be interested in playing with them.

Just laid out the portion of my collection. Tough to decide which to bring.....
34289951812_5ab2d3e1c4_k.jpg

On our way to Hiawassee following Justen's roving Gypsy caravan, as Phillip called it.

VlyLAEml.jpg

This morning we cut some materials to use this weekend.

kxRjzwWl.jpg

Cv99nyNl.jpg

ByUszm3l.jpg

6uNonk4l.jpg

Paging Sarah! We ran into this wet unhappy dude before we left. Seemed like something may be wrong with it, so we called someone to come check it out.

gqGRgNFl.jpg

Name the people? Hopefully from hence forward....

Odaon said:
Paging Sarah! We ran into this wet unhappy dude before we left. Seemed like something may be wrong with it, so we called someone to come check it out.

gqGRgNFl.jpg

Aw, I'm glad you called someone-- he doesn't look well, at all. :(

Thanks for the pic and shoutout, all the same!

And now, I'm wondering how it's going, out in the boonies where intense survival agendas, inveterate goofs, and creative curricula all come together.

"Robert was a small price to pay in light of all we learned about bushcraft in specific scenarios, the best whiskey to pair with a well-seasoned steak (and when to turn it), the upside of dark desperation, and how to foster teamwork quickly and complete tasks at hand after a bystander calls 911."

smiley-eatdrink007.gif~original

~ P.

Back