Fiddlebacks and Food

Just get larger tortillas! 😁
Wait - they make larger ones?!?

iu

🤣 🤣 🤣

In all fairness and full disclosure, depending on where you are, you might be able to find larger tortillas. I spend about a 1/3rd of my time in southern Mexico. I'm spoiled, I guess. That said, for years I've made my own. Corn not flour! Sometimes I make half-and-half, which are pretty nice too. This was made with a huge blue corn tortillas actually called Tlayuda52631910031_a03ccc00b7_o.jpg

Last edited:
In all fairness and full disclosure, depending on where you are, you might be able to find larger tortillas. I spend about a 1/3rd of my time in southern Mexico. I'm spoiled, I guess. That said, for years I've made my own. Corn not flour! Sometimes I make half-and-half, which are pretty nice too. This was made with a huge blue corn tortillas actually called TlayudaView attachment 2102374
Haha....yeah, I was totally joking. We have a fair-sized Latino community where I live, and thus a pretty good selection of tortillas and other goodies. My wife bought a dozen fresh tamales off the street the other day, and they were delicious. That blue corn tort looks amazing!

In all fairness and full disclosure, depending on where you are, you might be able to find larger tortillas. I spend about a 1/3rd of my time in southern Mexico. I'm spoiled, I guess. That said, for years I've made my own. Corn not flour! Sometimes I make half-and-half, which are pretty nice too. This was made with a huge blue corn tortillas actually called TlayudaView attachment 2102374
I have often dreamed of a doing a foodie travel tour with Douglas. Maybe we can fund it with another YouTube channel that is all about knives and food. Maybe like Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee... but with no cars, knife makers, and tacos (with corn tortillas of course). 🤔💭🔪🗡️🌮🌽🌯

I have often dreamed of a doing a foodie travel tour with Douglas. Maybe we can fund it with another YouTube channel that is all about knives and food. Maybe like Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee... but with no cars, knife makers, and tacos (with corn tortillas of course). 🤔💭🔪🗡️🌮🌽🌯
Brilliant idea.

And btw, the Taco Chronicles on Netflix is definitely worth watching. Especially the first season. Highly recommended.

Dressed-up ramen for lunch:

IMG_4977.jpg

Is that nigella seeds on top? Love that stuff on Afghani flatbread. (want the knife too, but that's beside the point.)

The thing with larger tortillas, one puts more stuff in them, and thus reaches the breaking point, literally, and you wind up using your fork anyway!! :)

Chip-kabob? Genius.

Nice EDK too.
It was pretty tasty. Actually cut in a spiral by a really clever device. And the burger was made with ground up smoked brisket. And my most carried Fiddleback. I need to get it back in the rotation. And full disclosure: I did not make this food🥸 But I did enjoy eating it!

Last edited:
It was pretty tasty. Actually cut in a swirl by a really clever device. And the burger was made with ground up smoked brisket. And my most carried Fiddleback. I need to get it back in the rotation.
You should bring that EDK to Trackrock next weekend and share some of your culinary mastery with us!

Back